Chapter 12

Brandon 

Miss Williams, no i mean Kiara walked out of my office and I just looked at the door dumbfounded. I really just forgot my assistant's first name. Fuck, i am such an asshole. 

I turned and i found Ethan looking at me with a look of disbelief on his face. 

"Seriously, dude how do you not know your assistant's first name, even i know it. That's fucked up dude", he said 

"I-I don't know, i am just so used to calling her Miss Knight that i forgot her first name. Oh i screwed up again, didn't I".

"Oh yes you did, now you are going to have to apologize for two things. Just make sure you apologize quickly before your Mother finds out about this one", he said with a distant look on his face. 

I know he is thinking about what my mom will do to me if she finds out about this. 

I wanted to respond but a buzz from my intercom pulled my attention to Kiara's voice, "Mr Williams, Cindy is here. Should I send her in or should she wait till you finish your meeting with Mr Black".

"Send her in", I said. I invited Cindy to my office because I plan to break up with her today. She has been getting on my nerves lately and I don't have the time to date right now. 

"Ugh" Ethen groaned 

"Cindys here! i don't know how you put up with her annoying ass, but i don't like her", he said while standing up. 

"Well I am going to break up with her today, happy now!" 

"Finally, good riddance. You made the right decision man. That woman is a devil in heels", he said with relief on his face. 

"So, i am gonna go and we can talk later. Bye". And he left. 

The idiot is leaving me to face the devil alone, wimp. 

Cindy walked in right after Ethan left. She has an angry look on her face. Oh, here we go again. 

"Who is that new bitch out there. Oh I see, you got yourself a new fuck buddy as your assistant".

I wanted to respond, but she started talking again, 

"Mmyeah, I don't care about her. You will dump her soon and come running to me anyway. So, why did you call, are you tired of the new assistant already". She walked seductively to me. 

"I can help you with that" she purred, trying to act sexy but she sounded like a deranged cat. 

"Cindy, sit down", I said. She stopped walking towards. 

She scowled, "Ok fine, if you don't want sex, what do you want then". She sat down and was about to put her feet on the table. 

"Do not place your feet on my table Cindy. Now I called you here because i am not interested in you anymore. You are a distraction from my work and I will like to end whatever relationship we have. That's it, you may leave". I said with no expression on my face. 

The was silence in my office for like 3 minutes before she finally responded. 

"Are you breaking up with me" she said when she finally understood my words. 

She stood up and started shouting, "You can't do that Brandy, we just started dating like a month ago". She tried to persuade. 

"Don't shout in my office or I will call security to see you out of here" I said authoritatively. 

"This isn't over Brandon. And remember you are mine, if I can't have you, nobody can", she said huffed angrily and left my office. 

Well that's done, now how am I going to apologize to Miss Knight? 

I stood up from my chair and started pacing in my office, thinking of the words i can use to apologize.

Oh, i got it. I walked to my bathroom and stood in front of the mirror, "Miss Knight, I apologize for my behavior last week……." 

"Ugh, no that sounds like I am apologizing to my teacher" 

Ok,ok i got it now, "Kiara, I apologize for the way I acted last week and this morning. I will be more considerate from now on". Now that is better. 

It sounds professional enough. 

I walked out of my office and went to Miss Knig…. I mean Kiara's office. 

Her door was opened so I stood there watching her work. She hasn't noticed me yet because, she is focused on her laptop. 

She looks different, and I still can't believe she can actually look so beautiful. She hid herself behind those reserved clothing which made her look ordinary. 

I cleared my throat to get her attention. She looked up from her laptop and when she saw me, she stood up. 

"Mr Williams do you need anything" she asked. 

I cleared my throat again and I recited the words I had practiced, "Kiara, I apologize for the way I acted last week and this morning. I will be more considerate from now on". 

She looked at me bewildered for a while and she said, 

"Oh no sir, there's no need to apologize. It was my fault".

"No, I was out of line and it won't happen again". I finalized and hope she will just accept my apology. 

"It's ok sir, i accept your apology", she said with a smile. 

Wow she has never smiled at me like that. I just kept staring at her face. 

"ok I am being creepy" I quickly cleared my throat and said, 

"Umm, where am I supposed to meet my mother and at what time" 

"You are supposed to meet your mother at her favorite restaurant by 6pm", was her response. 

"Ok then, I am leaving now and you can go when you are done with those files". 

Then i left to prepare for the dinner.