Chapter 15

Brandon 

A freaking mess. 

That has been me throughout this week. I don't understand my feelings and behavior anymore. I have tried my best to put on the perfect facade for everyone, well except Ethan and maybe my mom. They know something is up.

And what is the reason behind this mess? you ask me…………. 

MISS KIARA FREAKING KNIGHTS 

I can't get her out of my head, her face just keeps popping up in my head. I am curious about her, and I want to know more about her. I have observed her closely and I have noticed different things about her that I never noticed in the 5 years she has been working with me. Like she wrinkles her nose when she is irritated and annoyed, even if she wears heels now, once its midday, she changes to her normal flat shoes. She is beautiful but doesn't really acknowledge it. She does not even notice it when other male workers stares at her longingly and female workers glares at her. 

To sum it up, she is not like the other girls I have been with, she is different and unique and I don't know how to handle her, she is driving me crazy. 

This week, Kiara and I have been preparing for the annual charity ball held by my company. I have made an effort to talk and work with her like my usual self, but its hard. My feelings are all over the place and sometimes, I just stare at her as we work together. 

I needed a date to the ball, but I just broke up with Cindy, therefore, I asked Kiara to be my date. I used the excuse that "It's part of your job", to erase any suspicion……. 

When I told Ethan, he teased me and said that I liked Kiara, but I don't right, I mean she's just my assistant and that's all, I think. 

Arriving at the ball

I felt relief when the car stopped, indicating that we have arrived at the ball. The air in the car was tight and the atmosphere was tense. I can't believe I almost kissed Kiara, it's just the way she looked at me with her beautiful hazel colored eyes, tempted me. 

I got out of the car first and took a deep breath before I went to open the door for her. I may be an arrogant man, but I am still a gentleman who opens the door for a lady. 

Flashes from different cameras bombarded us and different paparazzi started throwing questions at us. 

"Mr Williams is this your lastest fling?" 

"Is she pregnant?" 

"When will you dump her?" 

"How long have you been dating?" 

Ah, I forgot about the paparazzi, I am used to these ridiculous questions that they ask, but I don't think Kiara can handle it, because she looks scared. So, I held her hands as my bodyguards quickly maneuvered us into the building before they ask another stupid question. 

We stumbled inside the lobby and I turned Miss Knight towards me. 

"I am sorry Kiara, I got used to those paparazzi asking foolish questions that I forgot that you were my date tonight. Are you ok, you look scared?" 

"Oh no worries Mr Williams, I knew the paparazzi would be there, I just wasn't prepared for the questions they asked. That's all", she assured. 

"Are you sure" 

"Yes sir" 

"Ok, then lets go in and get this thing over with". 

A doorman opened the door and announced our entrance, 

"The CEO of Williams Industry, Mr Brandon Williams and his date Miss Kiara Knight". As we walked in with our hands linked, all eyes turned towards us. 

I walked in with my head held high and I went straight to my table with Miss Knight. We sat at my private table, I don't like sitting with other people in these kind of events. 

"Kiara" I heard my little sisters voice shout once we were settled down. 

I looked towards the direction of the voice and I saw my family and Ethan walking towards us. 

Skylar reach the table first and she launched herself into Kiara awaiting arms and sat on her laps. Skylar has always adored Kiara, she would ask of Kiara whenever I go to my parents house. 

"Hey Sky, what have you been up to. I haven't seen you in a while girl", Kiara greeted. 

"Yeah, its just school workload has increased and it's been making my life a freaking hell", she rolled her eyes. 

"Skylar!! no cursing and do stand up from Kiaras lap". My mom reprimanded Sky. 

"Kiara my dear, how are you? I hope somebody hasn't been troubling you lately".

And that somebody happens to be me. 

"I am excellent Antonia and nobody has been troubling me, thanks for asking", Kiara assured with a big smile on her face. 

"Good evening Kiara", my dad greeted. 

"Good evening Lucas" She greeted back. 

My dad is a reserved man and he doesn't talk much, although he likes Kiara. 

"Hey Kiki" 

"Hi Ethan" 

"By the way Kiki you look hot today, I love your dress. And your hair", Skylar gushed and she started talking about some girls stuff I really understand. 

An announcement for the opening speech was made that was my cue to leave. Miss Knight was about to follow me, but I told her to stay with my family. 

I walked up to the stage as people applauded, I cleared my throat and started my speech. 

"Good evening beautiful ladies and gentlemen, as you all know, I am Brandon Williams, CEO and current owner of Williams Industry, which has the best hotels in all of America and half of Europe. I know that most of you have attended this ball over the years and you know the reason why we are all gathered here. Williams Industry owns a foundation that helps and provides for homeless children in Asia and Africa. These children are less privileged than the children here. Children are our future irrespective of if they are ours or not and we need to make sure thet they are well taken care of. And as you all know, you are here to empty your pockets for these children" The crowd laughed and I continued my speech. 

"Thank you all so much for your support in the past, thank you for allowing me to help these children. I will appreciate it if you continue supporting me to help them, by donating to our foundation today. To start off the donation, I and my family will be donating a sum of hundred million dollars today. And I hope that your donations will be higher than that small amount", another round of laughter swept through the crowd. 

"Thank you all for coming today, enjoy the rest of your evening". A round of applause resounded as I walked down the podium. I went back to my table and I was hugged by my mom and sister. 

"We are proud of you son", my dad said. 

"You killed it Brandy", Ethan said. 

"That was a great speech Mr Williams", Miss Knight complemented. 

"Mr Williams", my targeted guest were making their way to me. I think Miss Knight already informed them that I wanted to speak with them, sharp woman. I excused myself and went to meet them.

Let the work begin.