Chapter 19

Kiara 

"My phone", I shouted. 

I was about to leap out of the bed to find my phone, but Mr Williams held me down. 

"What?, why did you just shout and where do you think you are going", he reprimanded. 

"Aunt Margret, oh my God she would be worried, I have to call her, oh no what have I done, where is my phone", I fumbled with my words. 

"Wait, calmdown and take a deep breath" 

I inhaled and exhaled as instructed. 

"Now talk slowly ok", he instructed. 

"Ok, I am staying with my aunt here in Colorado and I don't think she knows where I am. She would be worried, so, I have to call her". 

He nodded his head

"Ok, first let me just list out the situation we are in right now ok" 

"Ok" 

"There was a snowstorm earlier when I found you, so almost all roads are blocked, that's why you are not in a hospital. So, we are kinda stuck here for like 2 days max" 

"What!", I exclaimed. 

"Just listen", he said. 

"Ok I am sorry, I am all ears" 

"The good news is that the phone service is working now, so you can call your aunt to assure her that you are safe". 

"Ok, that's better, so can I have my phone now" I asked. 

"It's right next to you", he pointed at the nightstand beside the bed, and there my phone was. How did I not see it. I am so dumb. 

I picked it up and when I saw the number of missed calls I had, I knew I was dead. I had missed calls from my aunt and Isabella too.  

I dialed Aunt Margret's number first, after a few rings, she picked up. 

"Kiara Kendall Knight, you better have a very convincing excuse of what's going on and where you have been for the past 20 hours or you are going to feel my wrath and I assure you, you won't like it". 

And I am in big trouble. 

While I was busy trying to explain to my aunt about everything that happened, Mr Williams left the room to God knows where, leaving me to my raging aunt. 

"Kiara never in your life should you ever scare me like that again, you understand" 

"Yes ma'am" 

"You should thank God I can't come over there, I would have beaten your ass and I don't care that you are a grown ass woman" 

"I am sorry aunt Maggie, I promise it will never happen again" 

"It better. Are you sure you are alright over there" 

"Yes aunty" 

"Ok then, bye and remember to call Isabella, poor girl must be worried" 

And she cut the call on me.

My aunt is a typical black woman, just like my mom. And I promise, when she said she was going to whoop my ass, she was damn serious. 

"Wow, your aunt really is something", I gasped surprised and turned to see Mr knight standing behind me. 

"When did you come back" 

"I think when your aunt was talking about whooping your ass", he said with a stupid smirk on his face. 

Ahh, this is so embarrassing. 

So I changed the subject. 

"Umm, where is the bathroom, I need to get out of these clothes".

"It's over there" 

He pointed towards a door in the room. I went in and I was amazed by how big and clean it was. It even has a bathtub. It's not like I expected anything less, the hotel is owned by Mr Williams. 

I took my phone and called Isabella before having a shower.

After minutes of receiving an earful from her, we finally hung up. 

Now I can shower in peace. 

_________________________________________

I already wrapped a towel around myself when I realized that I didn't bring or even have new clothes to change into. 

"This is bad, this is really bad", I mumbled. 

I can't go outside in a towel because my freaking boss is out there. 

So I did the only sensible thing I could think of at that moment, oh this is really going to be embarrassing. I peeked my head out of the door and called him. 

"Umm Mr Williams"

"Yes do you need anything?", he said while typing on his phone. 

"Do-d-do you have a shirt and maybe a short I-I could borrow", I stuttered. 

Now I have his attention because he looked in my direction. 

"I don't have a clothes to change into", I finalized, my face turned red with embarrassment. 

I waited for Mr Williams to respond, while he just stared at me weirdly. 

"Mr Williams" I called, to snap him out of his trance. 

"Yes, oh-umm, I will get you something to wear". He stood up and went into another door in the room. 

When he came out, he was holding some clothes which I gratefully collected from him. 

Changing into the really large shirt and undershorts, I walked out of the bathroom to find an empty room. 

So, I decided to leave the room and look for Mr Williams. 

During my search, I realized that we were in his penthouse. And I finally found him downstairs in the living room sitting down, so I went to meet him. 

He looked at me because I guess he heard me coming down the stairs. His gaze at me intense till I reached the last step and was in front of him. 

The atmosphere was tense as we just stared at each other, then he broke the silence. 

"Sit down Kiara", so I went to sit as far away from him as possible. 

The atmosphere was still tense and I knew what was coming, but I was not ready for it. 

"Kiara, please can you explain to me why I found you almost dead in a graveyard, when I am aware that you are supposed to be on a vacation".

I stared at him not sure what to say. 

"Kiara, you better start talking, I am sure you know I can get these information in my hands within minutes". 

"Ok, ok, I-I will tell you. I will, but I am not ready yet. Can you just give me till tomorrow, I promise I will explain everything to you" I begged with pleading eyes. 

He looked at me for a while and then…….. 
----------------—------------—------------------------
Hi my lovelies, I know I left you guys at a cliffhanger, but I will update soon, I have the time now. I am dedicating this chapter to SobisolEmelda because I was prompted to finish this chapter because of the comment I received.
So guys pls vote and comment. Thanks guys, I love you Y'all so much❤️❤️😍😍💕💕💕💕❤️😍😍
And Happy new month.