Epilogue

Theresa and Wildwood continued to live and rule happily together.  They had three sons who Lillie skilfully controlled whenever their parents were absent.

Anya and Jim married at Jim's new estate.  Neither of them ever really got used to being addressed by titles, but they endured it together.  A year after they were married, Anya gave birth to a pair of twins who they named in honour of Jim's father and Anya's mother.

Ildri and Ty were finally married with the blessing of his family, who were, as predicted, most happy to discover that he was alive, on a fine fall day after the war with Scalus was finally over.  On that day, Ildri, the orphaned commoner became one of the most powerful women in the land, the Lady Ildri, countess of Treblay.  She and Ty had three daughters who talked too much and one son to whom following the rules did not come naturally at all.

Ildri remained in contact with Theresa and Anya for the rest of her days.

Edelland continued to prosper under the guidance of the good king and the king's son in turn.  And through the twists and turns of life, they really did live pretty much happily ever after.

*  * * *  *

Author's Note:

Thanks so much for reading!!!  I wrote this book a long time ago, and it's nice that it's gotten more than just sitting in my computer for years.