Chapter - V

Chapter 5 ~ Magical Menagerie & a Manticore Cub.

"Jordan, Jordan! Come now, my dear. Stop thinking about Ms. Granger, we still need to get you an owl."- Mother said as she mentioned Hermione.

"Mother as much i fancied Hermione, i- um--- hmm nevermind."- well, as much I want to protest i do sometimes think the girl--- okay i'll admit it, i've always thinking of her everyday, she always occupied my thoughts, my mind every seconds, minutes, and hours, what can i say I'm so interested in knowing the girl.

"What was that? I thought so, don't worry my child you will see her tomorrow and please behave yourself when it comes to the girl, she is a very dedicated, serious girl, only books can get her attention and well.. other than her family and her two best friends too, you have to work harder to gain her attention and well.. her interest."- said mother, and she has a point there, I've known Hermione since childhood.

So, she really spends a lot of time in the library reading multiple books.

"Don't worry mother, I'm not going to do any bad intentions, aside from that, i had a plan, a plan to court her, This is my first time i took fancy and felt something special for a girl, I'll do everything to make her fall in love with me."- i said sincerely, but didn't realize I was making a strange face..which my mother always tells me not to show others..

*whack!!*

"My dear, don't ever make that kind of face, instead of her falling for you. It's the complete opposite, if i must say."- she heaved a sigh, okay that hurt, but i don't mind what she says and continue our journey, until we stopped at a shop with a large number of owls within cages, hanging outside.

I held the door open for mother to step in, then followed her inside.

An elderly woman sorting some items on the shelf turned her gaze in our direction, and the corner of her mouth lifted up when she saw us approaching.

"Ah, Professor McGonagall, what can i do for you?."

(A/N: O/N Owners Name, sorry guys i don't know the lady's name, you can help me out, I'd appreciate it.)

"Nice seeing you again, O/N, I'm here with my daughter to buy an owl for her.Jordan, you can look around and find yourself an owl."- the two elderly women began their own comfortable chat as i did what my mother instructed, wandering around the shop, but every time i tried to pet them, they ran away. Then I heard a banging sound.

I looked around and noticed my foot began to led me upstairs, and an old looking door slightly open caught my sight, the banging noise was coming within that room. I pushed the door wide open and greeted by a dark room, I searched for light switch but found nothing.

Then it hits me...

"You're such an idiot, Jordan, they don't have a muggle switch in here nor electricity."- i said to myself, so i grab my wand and..

(A/n: If you are all wondering what kind of wand Jordan possesses, it's made of Cypress wood, 13 ¼ length, Phoenix feather core, and Unyielding flexibility.)

"Fos"- i mumbled into the quiet room, and a bright light quickly brightened the dark room. The banging sound had stopped, and as my eyes darted around the room, i noticed a pile of old boxes leaning against the tattered wall, a lot of spider webs hanging on the ceiling, a dusty table, and a dirty-looking blue cloak laying on the top of an iron cage.

I tugged on the cloak, and dust flew everywhere, I coughed two times as waving my hand to clear the dust from my face and the air.

I drop down on one knee and peer inside the cage, catching a glimpse of a creature hidden underneath the wooden box.