Most Absolute Law

"Seth?"

His arm drops from around mine as he zones in on the child, and a part of me is happy for him, but I know this is going to be complicated seeing as Sam and the others are headed this way. Of course it would be Seth to imprint on a hybrid baby no one knows anything about... It seems Blondie isn't paying us any mind, which I'm alright with I just don't want us to be taken by surprise, knowing that's how they'll want to attack. I decide to head outside while Seth stays behind, meeting Leah and Addy on the porch and they stand as I cross the threshold.

"How's Bella, Jake? Is she--" I just shake my head slightly causing Addy to gasp slightly before wrapping me in a tight hug which I return, not knowing I needed it so bad. I bring her closer to my chest, letting myself finally feel the sadness around the hurt and the anger from moments ago.

"I'm so sorry Jake."

She whispers, and I hold her a little tighter before I hear the sound of paws running towards us causing my head to snap up and scan the tree line, pushing her behind me in the same motion. The pack breaks the tree line as I hear the Cullen's join us outside, and Sam's wolf stops causing the rest of them to wait for their alpha, and my mind pulls at me to get Adelaide further away, but there just isn't enough time. I have to trust she's at least gotten behind the Cullen's and won't try to interfere with whatever might happen next. I know she can handle herself, but I can't let her get hurt again.

"We're outnumbered."

Jasper comments, and I hear them talking amongst themselves, but I can't pull my focus from the wolves, I need to be prepared for the kind of attacks they might pull, knowing that trying to get them to talk is well passed. Suddenly the wolves lunge from the tree line quickly making contact with the family, and I can tell they are trying to fight them off without hurting them all severely. Leah becomes engaged with Paul and I take that as my turn to shift to be able to not only protect my pack, but make sure the hothead doesn't do anything stupid that he would regret outside the heat of battle. This doesn't go on for much longer before someone leaps from behind over the Cullen's landing beside me, and attempts to push the wolves back. It's then that I notice it's Seth, and I know my theory was correct by how his demeanor has changed.

"Stop! It's over! If you kill her, you kill me!"I feel the tangible surprise going through everyone present.

What?

Leah looks back at her baby brother, not expecting something like this to have happened. The boys look to Sam for guidance on what to do next, not quite sure what to do since the child is such an unknown, they don't notice one of the new recruits attempting to attack again and Seth shifts mid swing, landing a blow on the kid and the eyes of the pack widen at the truth and severity of Seth's words.

"Seth imprinted. They can't hurt her. Whoever a wolf imprints on can't be harmed. It's their most absolute law."

~Addy's POV~

When my uncle and the boys showed up at the tree line I knew it was Jake's wish for me to stay behind and out of the way of potential harm, but I couldn't help but put up a mental barrier between them and us even though it hurt me to do so. Not ever thinking something like this would happen. While that's up, I head into the house to let the blonde one go out and help protect her family, offering to take the small child.

"Go help your family, they need you. I can protect the child."

I tell her honestly, and she looks me over briefly, sensing the magic I'm producing and nods curtly before placing the bundle gently in my arms. I look down at the tiny bundle and am shocked to see how big she is in such a short amount of time, noticing the beauty of such a small thing. I hear another set of footsteps head outside, and wonder if it was Seth joining the fray, and as I look back down the child frees her one hand, reaching up towards my face making me smile slightly, dropping my head so that my cheek touches her tiny hand.

"It's Renesmee."

My eyes refocus on the chocolate brown eyes of the little girl I'm holding, and I'm speechless at whatever just happened. It was Edward's voice, but almost like it was from her point of view as I saw Jake, and a deathly Bella, before it all faded out again.

"Renesmee? Is that your name? It's beautiful."

I say with a slight smile watching one form on her tiny plump lips before turning into a toothless grin, and she grabs my finger and it almost feels like she wants to hold my hand, like we've become familiar simply because I acknowledged her gift. I sit and she continues to show me memories of the people of her family she's met so far, particularly liking the blonde vampire and myself, before she shows me a russet skinned boy, and her impression feels different than it does for Blondie and myself. The memory comes in to focus and I recognize, Seth talking with Jake before turning back around and making eye contact with little Renesmee and I watch as his face changes to how I remember Jake looking at me...when he imprinted on me. But I feel her connection to him as well, which is strange knowing she's much too young to understand any of this wolf business, but she knows she's connected to Seth--wants to be connected to Seth.

It's incredible. She's quite incredible.

"That's Seth. He's our friend, and no doubt it seems like you want to be his friend too."

I smile slightly, noticing the commotion outside has died down a little bit, and I'm not sure to be glad for that or tense. I wonder if anyone was actually hurt, or if they were able to bring some sense into Sam. Well I guess Seth's news would definitely spark something good or bad, Jake said they couldn't hurt an imprint so that should be it, no more division. I don't know how far optimism will get me, especially since many of the boys can be insanely stubborn and I'm unsure of how this will all be handled and what this means for the packs and division of land, for Seth and Jake...

It's about to get a whole lot more complicated that's for sure...