Nothing's Ever Normal...

First month of marriage flies by in such bliss and as the snow begins to fall we believe for the first time things might finally be normal. It's taken us most of the month to move into our house and unpack the things I haven't really unpacked since moving to the states, and Jake surprisingly has very little to bring over. As the little home fills up with pieces of ourselves, I begin to see our lives coming together here, and I can't keep the wide grin off my face.

"Whatcha thinkin' Love?" I feel Jake slide his arms around me, and I place a hand over his as the daydream continues.

"I'm just imagining our future, and how wonderful it's going to be." I can hear children laughing, smell food cooking and I curl closer to him.

"I have you to thank for that." He places a kiss on my temple and I turn to face him.

"We have each other."

"And that's all I ever need." I giggle at his cheesiness and he places a kiss on my forehead before looking down at me. "What's so funny?"

"You're just cute, that's all." He narrows his eyes playfully and I reach up to kiss him, effectively changing the subject. "Have you talked to your dad at all about Christmas?" I ask as we continue putting ornaments on our tree we cut down yesterday.

"He says Rachel and Rebecca are actually making their way down this year for Christmas Eve, I think you were the key to bringing them back to visit."

"I seriously doubt that."

"I'm being serious. They always used to make excuses as to why they couldn't come and visit, and suddenly we get married and they both want to go out of their ways to visit again so soon. You can't tell me it's a little weird." I hang a homemade ornament with Jake and I's picture from last year as I mull his words over remembering how often he used to complain about his sister's lack of seeing their father.

"Maybe they've had a change of heart from being back in town..." I shrug wanting to give his sisters some credit, but knowing he has a point.

"Who knows. Are we headed to Sam and Emily's for Christmas Day?"

"Oh yeah. Em's already got it all planned and wants to have all the boys over, with a bunch of food--which reminds me, we need to get a white elephant gift because that's something she thinks would be fun with all of us to do." I smile widely and Jake's eyes light up at the potential of buying a gag gift for one of his brothers or Leah. "And open the rest of our actual gifts of course."

We finish placing ornaments around and Jake kisses me deeply as he places the iridescent star on the top of our tree, making me smile widely and he pulls me back into him dipping me and going in for a kiss when our front door is suddenly being pounded on. We both straighten with the urgency of the sound and Jake makes his way protectively in front of me while he opens the door slowly.

"Geez Seth, you gave us a heart attack." He exhales and my tension melts with the mention of my best friend.

"Sorry man, but we have a problem." He brushes past my husband and stands behind one of the dining chairs, raking his fingers roughly through his hair and tugs on the ends before looking at us.

"Bella and I were outside catching snowflakes with Ness earlier today, and one of their friends from up north was on the cliff and saw Ness jump for a snowflake and like freaked out and left before Bella could talk to her... The Cullen's are saying she went to their like "head vampire" people and it could be a death sentence or war." Seth is close to tears as he finally takes a breath and I place myself next to him on the couch to try and comfort him.

"It'll be alright Seth. They can't believe her without proof, right?" I try to reason, wondering why someone would turn in Renesmee... She's part vampire so they shouldn't have any problem..

"Right. But I guess it's some old tale of an "immortal child" which is illegal in their books, and I guess this chick thinks Ness is one of those.. The Cullen's believe the Volturi will come for them."

"Well, we both know she's part human, and so does Sam's pack. We can be witnesses to her mortality." Jake explains and it seems to calm Seth down slightly.

"That could work, but these guys are ruthless. The Cullen's told a story of how they destroyed a coven's leader because she tried to save her son and turn him immortal, but he destroyed a village and so they got rid of the child. Since then creating kids like that is a cause for the other's demise." 

He's now pacing as he explains the whole situation, and I have a terrible feeling in my gut, but hope beyond hope that if we can find enough people to prove their innocence, then things will be fine. Jake suggests we all go to Sam's and explain to him and the others the situation and hope that they will stand alongside the Cullen's in order to protect Seth's imprint. 

"So will you guys stand with us, if it comes to that?" Seth questions making eye contact with Sam and his other brothers who are sitting around the table.

"Of course. It is our duty to help protect an imprint, not only that, a lot of these vampires showing up in our territory we have to make sure the locals will remain safe. We will help you, Seth." Sam declares and the rest of the boys nod or pat Seth encouragingly on the shoulder, further proving they are on his side causing him to sigh in relief.

"Seth," I pull him aside. "I will help you all too. I've been working on my gifts and I know they'll be helpful to protect Ness and all of us while we face this new threat." I smile slightly, and he leans in wrapping me tightly in a hug.

"Thank you Addie. That means a lot." He walks over to his brothers as Jake comes toward me with a confused look, and I brace myself for the lecture I know is coming.

"He'll be alright. We'll have it all under control. You'll have to sta--"

"No Jake. I want to be there to help Seth. My abilities have strengthened and I can be helpful in protecting our family."

"Ads. The risk is too high, I can't be trying to save another imprint while worrying about my own."

"You won't have to worry about me. I'm a big girl who packs a powerful punch. Believe me Jake, everything will be fine." I smile, laying a comforting hand on his bicep, hoping this will calm him down, but also show that I'll be able to really handle myself.

"I don't want you leaving my side." I smile at his protectiveness and lean into his embrace.

"Yes sir." I chuckle.