You Still Care

It's the day of Bella's wedding, and I'm trying to keep myself positive and not think too much about what Bella has done recently. I'm excited to get to spend the evening with Jake and Billy, and some extra time with Seth who I haven't really seen a lot since he's usually on patrol. I've spent most of the day hanging out with Emily, but it's time to get ready and mentally prepare for the evening.

"You still goin' with that red dress you tried on yesterday?" Leah comes in, plopping herself on my bed, like normal, making me laugh.

"Yeah, I think I like how it looks, and I like how you said it'll grab Jake's attention." I say with a wink in her direction, and she just laughs.

"Want help with your hair?" Leah asks as she sits up, and smiles at me.

"Sure? I didn't think that was something that interested you..?" I say confused, not knowing Leah was the kind of girl to care about getting all dressed up.

"Usually not for me, but if it's others that I get to help show their natural beauty, than I am all for it." She shrugs as she comes over to plug in my curling wand, and I sit at my vanity, prepping to do my make up at the same time.

"Do you want it up or down?"

"Can you do half and half?" She just smiles and nods, as she gently brushes through my natural curls, and then begins to separate the sections.

"Ya know, as much as Jake drives me nuts sometimes, I'm really happy he's found you. You guys are really gonna be happy together."

"You think so? I never thought my life would be this happy after losing my dad and moving so far away, and of course everything with my mum.. I'm really lucky to have found you as well." I smile back at her through the mirror, to see a genuine smile on her face as well.

"Well, I'm lucky Sam had a niece who is accepting of all our craziness and wanted to stay with us. It's nice having someone to talk to that isn't going to look at me in pity or just ignore me like the boys." A smile back at her, grabbing her hand and squeezing it in comfort.

"There all finished!" Leah pins the last curl to the top of my head, while leaving some to frame my face and fall down to the center of my back, and I smile at her handy work.

"Thank you Leah! It's so beautiful!" I say, grabbing a couple of the bouncing curls, wishing my natural curls could always look like this.

"I just enhanced your natural beauty girl. I wish I had curls like you do, you look stunning." She winks, as I look at myself, with my make-up and hair done, knowing all I need to do is just get changed and I'll be ready to go for the evening.

"Thank you for all your help Leah, I couldn't have done it without you."

She tells me she'll meet me downstairs before we have to leave, and so I decide to get the red dress on from the other night, pairing it with a pair of plain black heels and my small black clutch. Admiring the ring on my finger, I decide against any other jewelry for the night, and with a little perfume I head downstairs.

Coming down the stairs, I look up to find a very dapper Jake rounding the corner and he looks up, only to stop in his tracks when he makes eye contact with me.

"Woah." He says breathlessly, his eyebrows raising into his hairline, making me giggle. "Adelaide... Addy, wow. Y-you look absolutely stunning Love." He breaths out while giving me his hand as I make it to the bottom stair.

"Thank you my love, you look very handsome yourself." I comment as he brings my hand to his lips, kissing it softly, making my heart flutter.

"You ready to go? Dad wants to get there a little early because of maneuvering the wheelchair and whatnot."  I nod understanding, saying a quick goodbye to Emily, sense the rest of the pack is already in place for the evening.