Chapter 20

And then, suddenly Noah was shaking furiously

And then, suddenly Noah was shaking furiously. His knuckles were white by now. His face was so red that you can clearly see his veins. His muscles were becoming more lucid and his reflexes were becoming better. There was a loud sound of bones cracking. And then everything happened so fast that it felt like a delusion. In a blink of an eye, a wolf was standing in front of me instead of Noah.

How is there a wolf in front of me? From where did it come from? Where is Noah?

" N-no!" It came out as barely a whisper. The wolf snapped his head towards me, making my eyes widen. I started to back down but to my dismay, my back was hit by a wall. The wolf was moving towards me with small steps as if it was unsure of what it was doing. As my eyes were glued to the wolf, I didn't notice dad picking up a thick stick and approaching the wolf with panicked steps. As my attention diverted to dad from the wolf, he gave me a ' don't make a noise' look. By the time, the wolf has appeared already in front of me with his head nuzzling to my dress. My whole body was covered with sweat and was shaking uncontrollably with fear.

" P-please, d-don't h-hurt m-me," I said with trembling lips. Tears were streaming down my face that I couldn't even see properly. But then suddenly a loud was heard and the wolf was on the ground with blood dripping from its side of the head. I snapped my head towards dad. " W-why did y-you do t-that?" But he said nothing as he dragged the wolf before me. " W-what are you doing?" I asked as he abruptly dropped the wolf and started to come in my direction.

" I am sorry, sweetheart." He said as he hit me with the same stick that was used to make the wolf unconscious. And then everything was black.

If you love deeply, you are going to get hurt badly. But it's still worth it.

If you liked it please consider giving it a vote