Chapter 36

Okay, this is awkward

It's been almost more than fifteen minutes since I and daddy have been sitting here, looking at each other in the living room. And none of us has spoken a single word. And this is very frustrating.

" So?" I decide to break the silence with the first thing that came out of my mouth. Ain't I genius?

" I don't know when things became this awkward between us." He said as I chuckle in response. He's right though.

" About what you said earlier today....do you want me to believe it? I mean..i-its just.." I look down in my lap while fidgeting with my fingers.

" I don't expect you to believe it. It will be wrong of me to do so. But what I want you to believe is that I am telling the truth and you have to adjust to it. " He said.

" How do you expect me to believe that the man I have known in my entire life as my father isn't father and on top of that, my mommy was a werewolf? Seriously? This is ridiculous." I said with a lower tone.

" Take your time. I-i had to tell you the truth. The guiltiness was killing me from inside. " He said as he gets up from the chair and starts to walk out of the room.

" I know there's more. " I said as I divert my eyes to his direction. He stopped in his tracks and turns to face me. " What?"

" I know there are more secrets that you're hiding. " A smile creeps on his face and he said, " You know me too well, don't you?'' I don't answer, I just stare at him.

He walks up to me and pat me on my shoulder and said, " Yes, you are right! There's more! But you can't handle it! I will tell you when the time is right! "

" I can handle it! Tell me." I whispered impatiently.

He looks away from me and walks up to the window of the room. " Your mother was a very good friend of mine. I won't lie about the fact that I have started to develop feelings for your mother. She was beautiful, intelligent, sweet and caring, everything a man could wish for. And you, Isabella, are the carbon copy of your mother. She became pregnant when she was only nineteen years old. She found her mate on her nineteenth birthday. They mated with each other, but the next morning, your real father ....h-he was nowhere to be found. She looked for him everywhere. But he just vanished. He left her confused, he neither rejected her nor accepted her. With a heavy heart, she came to live with humans. And that's when I met your mother as We were neighbours When she told me about the existence of werewolves, I didn't believe her just like you. I mean, they are just mythical creatures, right? But she gave me proof She thought that I would walk away just like your father. But one look at you and her, I was trapped. We moved to a new house, started living together as a family of three. I don't know if she ever had feelings for me as more than a friend. Guess, I will never know. When you were two years old, suddenly your real father came out of the blue knocking down at our door. He told her that he wasn't ready for a mate. But two years later, when he found out that he has a daughter he immediately started looking for you two and in a short time, he found you. I guess Noah told you what alpha is." He turns to look at me as slowly nod in answer. " Your father was an alpha too, well a very powerful one to be exact. He wanted to take you two away from me. But she refused. She told him that she doesn't need him. I was happy. Cause, when I was around your mother, I felt happy and complete. He, of course, didn't take it well. H-he thought that I was the reason she wasn't accepting him. So, h-he sent wolves to kill me. But unfortunately,t-they killed y-your mother instead of me... I-i w-wish i-it was m-me who t-took y-you to the garden."

" D-dad--'' I started but stopped when he raised a hand. " S-stop! Let m-me tell you. "

He sighed and continued, " that day my heart felt like it has been ripped open. If something happened to you, your mother wouldn't have forgiven me. I made a promise to her that I will protect and love her whether she is around or not. You were the reason why your mother survived after t-the loss....the loss of y-your twin sister."

" Twin sister?" I asked disbelieves visible in my voice.

" Y-yes, you had a twin sister. But s-she d-died in your m-mother's womb."

If you liked it please consider giving it a vote