Ch : 39 Early Christmas

Deku-"Stay here"  he hid the kids behind the couch and he jumped down next to a dumpster and took a knee. "Where is it? he asked himself as he was looking for the access panel to grab the sere kit.  Deku was also waiting to see if the enemy would send an EOD team to investigative the dud misslie.  he was worried the enemy would catch him trying to get the gear. Deku saw the access hatch and decided then to go for it. He sprinted full speed towards the tube, his plate carrier rattled and bounced as he held his rifle with one hand. When he finished his bound he took a knee and pulled the hatch open, there he saw emergency rations, a solar power charger, encrypted long-range radio, satellite transmitter, a tablet, blocks of explosives, a duffle bag full of fully loaded plate carriers, warm clothes and compact rifles. He stuffed as much as he could in his pack he brought with him, what he couldn't pack he carried with his hands. He made sure to activate the self destruct fuse on the missile. As Deku made his way back, he could hear the rumble of a vehicle get louder and louder. Deku quickened his pace as he made his way back into the embassy second floor.    He checked on the kids behind the couch, they did what they were told and stayed put. 3 mins later, an automated tank stopped 300m away from the missile crash site. Deku got his binos as he watched with curiosity. What appeared to be a robot foot solider with an explosive strapped to its chest was moving towards the missile, 

boy-"What are they doing?"

Deku-"Looks like there going to detonate the missile on their own terms rather than wait for it to blow up on its own" 

Deku watched as the robot approached its target at a slow pace. 

Deku-"plug your ears"

The detonator in hand Deku was waiting for the bot to be right in the middle, equal distance between the tank and missile trying to cause a chain reaction to hit the tank.  When it did, Deku squeezed the detonator multiple times, BANG! a huge fireball materialized from the missile as flame engulfed the street below, the robot was hit with a wave of heat and pressure as it detonated prematurely, the resulting chain explosion hit the tank like a semi-truck. When the dust and smoke settled. The tank was still alive, its turret bent out of shape, its front armour gone and melting frame visible.  The tank's motor slowly whined as it struggled off down the street, probably to seek repairs somewhere.  Deku waited for the tank to drive off before he got up and took the gear and kids to a room in the back, there he cleared a table and placed all his new gear and began setting up. 

He went up and placed the solar charger at the roof of the embassy and came back down, into the room. The radio was on, he started by scanning the airwaves, hoping to find any human radio transmissions, nothing, all he heard was a weird static, Deku was worried that the enemy may have radio jammers, or was actively looking for radio signals to triangulate his position.  Deku wasn't going to use the radio for now anyway. He was going to reach his allies off I-island using the satellite transmitter.   The transmitter plugged into the tablet allowing Deku to type messages and send the data to the satellites no doubt above the I-island. The message would then bounce off and reach its intended user. The enemy may have controlled the air, land, and sea.  But space was free reign.  Deku turned on his tablet and waited as the damn loading screen in front of him slowly increased. Then after 5 mins, a message saying connecting showed up, then a blank screen with a cursor.

<Authroization code>

<Authorization code [Delta-51121]................... accepted >

<Securing connection to HADES>

Hades: Status?

Deku: Crew survived, status green

-regrouping at the American embassy and setting up CP

-x2 civilian children present, status green

-armed with embassy and "00" weapons and gear, combat-ready 

-Multiple civilian KIA, possible survivors hiding,

-Heavy automated presence,  possible thousands of mechanized infantry, armour, aircraft, stealth hunters.  That is all info present.

Hades: Maintain SERE posture, rescue civilians, orders for new targets will be updated, prepare for additional material support and targets. The enemy has naval and air superiority. Air, sea extraction not possible at the moment, expect no friendly intervention at this time.   Hades out.

<AFTLYFE BURSTCOMMS SETUP OFFLINE>

Deku sat down as he read the last line, he watched as he saw the kids play with a deck of cards he found earlier in the lounge area. a few hours later he began stretching and began eating an energy bar then it hit him.  

His eyes widen as he heard something, Deku got his rifle and pointed it at the room door, he signalled the children to be quiet as footsteps could be heard approaching the door, when the steps stopped he heard 3 knocks on the door, Deku responded by knocking the table 2 times, Sprinter and the other augs came through the door with surprise in their eyes.

Sprinter-"What the hell happen outside? We heard a sound boom miles away" 

Deku began debriefing the team on what happened, afterwards, the dud, the gear, the tank and the big explosion, they sat down, relaxed and began eating snacks.  The other augs managed to hit a drug store and grab meds, painkillers, first aid kits, a defibrillator, bandages, etc. Enough to provide first-line care to any causality in the field. Deku hoped they wouldn't have to use any of it.  

Deku-"Alright listen up, we are in contact with Hades, we have  radio communications as well, everyone take an earpiece, but keep messages 20 seconds or less, I don't want the enemy trying to triangulate our position,  our orders are to maintain stealth while looking for survivors"

He pointed at the map

Deku-"We are here, the embassy will act as our command post destination CP alpha, we will have patrols set up looking for survivors. 2 patrols will be in play at all times, the rest will stay here and wait for further orders. The enemy has complete control of air and sea."

Sprinter-"Any info on friendly movements"

Deku-"Negative"

With no more questions, the team donned their radios and began planning their teams and patrol routes. Hopefully, they would find more survivors out there. 

At the coalition fleet: inside a combat information centre. 

Hades-" We have positive contact with our team, they are operational"

Nezu-"Thank god, I assume we will use them for the upcoming assault"

Hades-"Correct, in order for the invasion to succeed our boys behind enemy lines will need an upgrade"

Hades pulled out his phone and made a call, a female voice answered.

Hades-" Im authorizing the  Orbital defence initiative  for field deployment"

Unkown-"Are you sure sir?  The project hasn't been used in combat yet?

Hades-"I know, but we need as much firepower for the team on I-island, if we are to stand a chance, we need to cripple the island's defences." 

Unknown-" Understood sir, it will be done"

Hades hung up the phone and looked at Nezu, 

Hades-" Soon, you will witness what a perfect soldier can do with the perfect gear."