CH: 25 Display

Deku and Ochako headed towards the exhibition to check out the prima display. When they arrived they saw a skinny man talking to possible investors about his defence systems. "Here at prima we excel in the field of security, with our advanced user-friendly interface using any of our weapons is a piece of cake" he pressed a button on a remote and the 3 weapon turrets came to life. There were 2 .50 cal machine guns and 1 Mk19 automatic grenade launchers. Deku flinched for a bit. That was a lot of firepower, even for him. he walked behind the display to see an operator manning the turret control console he was using a joystick control setup. From an untrained eye, it looked normal. But Something didn't add up for Deku, the turrets we behaving as if they were scanning for threats staring at each individual bystander for a few seconds then moving on to the next one. Deku realized that the operator was hardly touching the controls. More like trying to look like he was doing something. Deku took a mental note of that and went back into the front of the display. Deku-"excuse me sir, do your turrets use any form of automation?" "Only for reloading the  weapons young man," he noticed Deku's tactical gear and his weapons "so you are a weapons fan huh" Deku-"I guess you could say that" Deku-"are these weapons mobile?" "We are planning on releasing a model of an operator controlled humanoid drone. The drones will be mobile and can operate far away from their pilots" Deku's eyes went wide. Of course! Those 2 robots could have been remote-operated drones! The panicking civilians could have given the operators an opening to escape. That's why prima hasn't been caught by international law yet. their robots aren't automated killing machines, their remote-controlled killing machine, that's completely legal in the eyes of the law. Ochako-"do you have any competitors in this field?" "Ha definitely not, we are the only company with this kind of capability" Ochako and Deku gave each other a little nod signalling to each other about their suspicions.

With that, they left the exhibit and headed to the hotel. The two heroes meet up with Lida, Melissa, Shouto and Momo. Deku got out a whiteboard. Deku-"Let's compare notes" Lida-"We didn't find anything promising in the automation exhibit. Most projects there were for the manufacturing industry, assembly lines in such, nothing weaponized" Melissa-"However we did see an assembly line for construction of metal body armour." Deku-"Do you think the bots were manufactured on an assembly line?" Melissa-"Do you have a piece of the robot?" Deku reached into his bag and handed her the wrecked internals of the war machine. Melissa inspected the piece. Melissa-"The welds and solder on these components are exactly identical with each other, meaning it was made by a computer controlled system, not to mention the metals are cut with perfect tolerances for each other. It would take to long and too much to make a machine of this calibre by hand." Deku's phone rang and David shield picked up. David-"I analyzed the metal of the machine's armour a special blend of steel and titanium alloy. One company on I island has a patent and uses the exact same metal for aircraft components called Ace metals. They are the only ones who use that metal as the manufacturing process is a secret only they know." Deku thanked him and hung up. Deku-"So only one company on this I-island can make the metal, we will do recon on them tonight" Deku-"Shouto your groups turn" Momo-"We visited the investors' lounge and the VIP lounge for scientists. We heard talk about a "golden investment opportunity" Most of them didn't want to discuss this with us. I personally think that it is something illegal as the people talking about it had shady pasts"

Momo pinned a picture of an old man with a white bushy beard on the whiteboard. Momo-"This is Richer Baron, he runs a manufacturing company called Baron industries here on I-island producing electronics, he was accused of arms smuggling but never convicted" Deku-"Why was he never convicted?" Shouto-"The evidence disappeared the night before the trial" Deku-"A company here works in remote operated weapons system. I think they are lying and their weapons are automated" Ochako-"Why would they lie?" Deku-"International lay dictates that weapons cannot be controlled by computers as computers don't have morality or judgement in life and death situations. But a human can, at the same time when you use humans you lose that efficiency of a computer so lying about would be beneficial for them." Deku-"So Prima, Ace Metals, and Baron industries, they are our current targets, good work guys." Ochako-"what now?" Deku-"Enjoy the day and go to bed, I will run night recon with the agents." As the students left the room Deku looked at the board. He was confident about his case, but his stomach rumbled, he paced off to go join Ochako for food and maybe a movie.