Ch: 29 Contact front!

Deku and his team reached the first jammer in a open hall. The entire floor was empty, the jammer in the middle on the room. Deku raised a closed fist. Giving the signal for the team to stop moving. Deku-"something's not right, they wouldn't leave an asset like this unattended" he took a a knee and took a smoke grenade from his belt. He popped it and rolled it down towards the jammer. As the smoke rises thin red beans of like zig zag across the floor. A web of lasers covered the jammer. Hazard-" well shit, let's just blow this tin can up." He aimed his rifle with an underslung 20mm grenade launcher. Pulse-" are you sure it's a good idea to use a grenade launcher indo-" Hazard-" fire in the hole" thump. The projectile flew for 2 secs before impacting the jammer. The resulting explosion destroyed the jammer and the short circuited the whole upper half of the building. Deku-"we must of overloaded the electrical grid, that means the anti air missiles are disabled above us too.

Deku: command this is trojan. Are the AA batteries.

Hades: that's affirmative trojan. The skies are clear. We are sending renforceiments. To you via helo. Push on.

Deku related the order and the team pushed down to the next floor. The reached a floor full of cubicles. It was quiet and seemed like nothing was going to happen. Deku made his way through the first row of cubicles when he felt his foot pull something. He saw a string his foot tugged on, it was attached to a device screwed on the cubicle wall, it started to beep. Deku turned around. Deku-"IED!!!!" He tackled the others with one big shove. The bomb went off, a loud boom and flash left Deku dazed and disoriented on the ground. He was only a few feet from the explosion. His vision blurry his ears ringing. He feels himself being dragged behind cover. He sees pulse yelling at him. He has no idea what he is saying. He sees the augs are in some sort of firefight. All he hears is that damn ringing. Deku realized that he is not in good condition. His training kicks in. He signals Pulse with a thumbs down. The signal that he is not combat effective at the moment. He controls his breathing and begins patting himself down, checking for any bleeding and other injuries. He Pats his leg and is hit with sharp pain. He notices his left leg is bleeding from shrapnel from the bomb. It hurts a lot, that's a good thing it means his nerves are still intact.

He grabs a tourniquet from his belt and wraps his thigh with it. He begins tightening it to cut the blood flow and limit the bleeding. His hearing was coming back. He saw the augs dumping ammo on the wall on the other side of the floor. Deku can't see who's shooting at them. He sees hazard take a knee next to him and pull out some sort of syringe. Hazard jabs the needle into Deku's neck. Deku senses went into overdrive. His hearing returned to normal, the taste of carbon from the spent ammo cases clouding his nose, the smell of a gunfight. Hazard-"im gonna pull out the shrapnel and clot the bleeding." Deku clenched his teeth as the hazard pulls out the embed metal and applies clotting powder to stop the bleeding. A bandage is applied and Deku gets another needle full of painkillers. Deku-"who is shooting at us?!" Shield-"security team!" We got to take them down. Deku got on his knee and grabbed his rifle. The painkillers we working wonder, he was able to fight back.

Deku saw a door leading into a conference room and bolted for it. Deku-"cover me!" The other augs went full auto and sprayed the enemy force forcing them to keep their heads down. Deku bashed through the door of the conference room and slide over the table, flipping it and using it as cover. He peeks around the corner and sees the security team pinned down by the automatic fire. Deku thinks to himself " I don't want to kill them, I'm a hero I can't kill now. Fuck" Deku unholsters his pistol and charges the group. Pulse sees Deku heading for the enemy in the line of fire. Pulse-" Ceasefire damn it, what's he doing he's going get himself shot!". Deku grabs the closest guy and kicked him in the gut, he sends a round of dragons breath gas into the guy's mouth. Deku then uses the limp body of the guy as a ram and charges at the other 3. Deku collides with the 3 causing one to fall. He then shoots the 2 standing in the face knocking them out. The last one gets back up and smacks the gun out of Deku's hand and pulls a knife trying to stab Deku. Deku sees it and grabs the hand of his enemy. He twists the wrist causing the knife to drop and proceeds to trip the solider making him hit the ground. Deku then gives a right jab to the face and follows up with an uppercut. The dazed soldier crashes into the floor giving Deku enough time to grab his pistol and send a round of dragons breath gas into the soldier's face.

The floor was cleared out. Pulse went up to him, Pulse-"you should have just shoot em, you could've gotten killed" Deku-" I can't I'm a hero now. I can't kill" Pulse gave a snarky response. Pulse-"you spent your whole life killing, don't bother changing". Deku felt like a hammer hit him looked at his sidearm a constant reminder that he lived his whole life by the gun. Hazard-" we need to go for the next jammer. I'll take point" the team reorganized themselves with Deku pulling rear security. They all did an ammo check and pressed on forward. With hero reinforcements landing on the roof they needed to destroy that last jammer.

Author's note: 80K!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for your support. I am so thankful and will promise to work harder to bring you more and better content. Once this story is done I plan on making another Mha fanfic with better writing. I will also work on typos in the old chapters cause holy shit, there is a lot. Thanks again for your support.

Indiancanadian2