prologue

0.5

EREN JAEGER. A POPULAR NAME around the neighborhood. his father was a well-known doctor nearby that worked in a large hospital, known for curing a deadly disease some time ago. his mother was simply a house wife and took care of their large mansion.

i'm y/n l/n. i'm 8 years old and i'm currently neighbors with eren. we became close friends, and truly he is enjoyable to play with. he makes me laugh a lot and aspires to help the world somehow. his best friends; armin and mikasa are also very fun as well.

armin is a sweet boy with shortish-medium golden locks. mikasa has long, jet black hair and a quiet persona. those 3 have known each other for long, so i did feel out of place but they always welcomed me with open arms.

"y/n! come on, let's go in the sand pit!" armin cheered and grabbed my tiny hand. he wore a bright sky blue t-shirt and grey striped shorts, complimented by white sneakers. the little boy dragged me to the sandbox and plopped down once we arrived. mikasa and eren, plus a couple other kids were playing tag on the playground, but armin and i weren't very athletic so we preferred to stay and do our own thing.

"what kind of bucket should we use?" i questioned, looking at the many different colored buckets surrounding us. we both pondered before we decided on an average looking purple one. we began to construct before eren had came over to sit in the sand.

"this one looks cool! let me guess, y/n picked out the bucket." he chuckled.

"no! we both picked it." i retorted. i was 8, and had a huge crush on eren. the way he smiled made others want to smile as well. it was more bright than the sun.

"mhm, sureee." he smirked. poor armin looked down and fidgeted with the sand.

"it's true! and armin made the little snowman." i smiled and pointed to the tiny snowman armin made as a "guard" at the gate of the sandcastle.

"that's cute. anyways, i'm going back to playing tag!" eren exclaimed and stood up to wipe the sand off of his tiny tan shorts. his outfit was adorable in my opinion. a cute light brown button up with beige khaki shorts, paired with long grey socks and little white sneakers. before i knew it, his hand was patting my head. "make the best sandcastle ever." and with that he left to play tag.

"you like him?" armin peeped out of no where.

.

"oi, y/n!" my english professor, levi had yelled my name across the large classroom. i perked my head to meet his steel grey orbs. "stop drooling and write notes instead."

"yessir." i replied, and began to write in my notebook.

hey! back with a new story, and i know how this one will go, so i feel better about it. anyways, thank you for reading this story, it means a lot! and let me know if you enjoy the chapters by voting and leaving comments, i literally love reading them so so much. sorry this chapter was short but future ones will be roughly 2000 or more words :)