08

8

IT HAS BEEN THEEE YEARS SINCE I TRANSFERRED TO THE university of paris. i was soon graduating with my masters degree of fashion merchandising and design.

peick and i became really good friends and turns out they actually attended trost university her first year as well, understandable as to why they felt as though they heard my name before. mikasa, armin, and i facetimed every night, even though our time zones were entirely different. eren apparently had moved to a different city to do some more schooling there so i rarely heard from him anymore. hange and levi were flying out here to watch me graduate soon enough so i was ecstatic on getting to see my adoptive parents once again.

"y/n! wake up!" peick's voice rumbled through my ears. i groaned and flipped onto my other side. "aw, c'mon!"

"5 more minutes..." i muffled into my pillow.

"no! literally we're free in a couple of weeks, the least you can do is get up now." they lectured. peick and i eventually moved into a house since we were seniors in college. of course we couldn't keep the dorm forever. the apartment was right near our school and affordable for us to both live in.

"fineeee..." i groaned and stretched. letting out a yawn, peick smiled and ruffled my hair before walking out of my room. i slipped from my covers and quickly made my bed before walking to my closet to pick an outfit for the day. once i finished with my clothes, i walked over to the bathroom to tie up my hair and brush my teeth. i walked out when i was done and saw pieck gathering our backpacks.

"morning." i yawned.

"morning, sleepyhead." they giggled. i smiled gently and walked to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. "i got our stuff ready, c'mon."

"kayy." i replied and grabbed my mug of coffee and quickly out what i usually did inside of it. i then ran out of the house and locked the door, following peick as they navigated to the bus stop. we didn't have a car so we just rode the bus to the university every day. when it arrived, we loaded into it and peick handed my backpack i threw over my shoulders. people filled the seats and it was cramped. when we got to the school, peick and i said our goodbyes and head to class for the day.

i had english first with marcel so it made it quite interesting. i grew close to all of pieck friends as we knew each other more. turns out, marcel and porco had family out here in paris, so they were accompanied by gabi and falco who lived with them for the time being and attended school. and of course peick, who was dating porco tagged along as well. overall, it was confusing but nice to actually have different friends. class ended sooner than expected so marcel and i began to head to our next class.

"so, are you heading back home after you graduate?" he asked.

"yeah, as much as i love it here in paris, i miss my family and friends at home." i answered back and walked through the crowd of people.

"i'm staying here and little more, but i know everyone else is going home too." he stated.

"well, i hope when the time comes we can visit again!" i beamed, "but of course we still have time before graduation, so let's make the best of it!" i faced him and smiled. he smiled back and we continued into our class.

"ahh, finally lunch!" i relaxed into the bench of the courtyard.

"i packed us some food!" peick announced and pulled out a bunch of snacks including macaroons.

"yum! can i have the macaroons please?" i asked and eyeballed the colorful desserts.

"no, not until you eat proper food." they lectured. they pulled out two sandwiches and handed me one. i unwrapped the packaging to see the delicious sandwich and began to chew it. "so, you're going home after graduation too, right?" i nodded at their question. "good, everyone besides marcel's heading back too."