Part 13-One Week

Penelope sat at her desk that overlooked the window, "Where could she possibly be now?" she thought. She continued writing to her dear friend, Ismena. Suddenly, four of her eleven siblings stormed into her room, "We need to speak with you!"

"Not like that you won't!" she retorted.

Riken walked back out, knocked, and upon hearing her respond finally he entered. His brothers oggled him. "What? Father says our women are to be treated as Goddesses. Pen, where is Isadora?"

"I know not of which you speak."

"Horse shit!" he yelled.

"Take that tone with me and I will let the guards know to never let you in my room," she explained.

"Fine", Riken started pacing while massaging his temple, "Charlie, find your siblings and play. I need to speak with our brother and sister. Privately. Now go."

Little Charlie whined and left.

"You must have promised to take care of each other, but this is going to get bad if you do not speak!" yelled Riken again.

"Should you not be in combat class swelling your muscles for all the sly bitches in the castle to oggle," she rolled her eyes. 

"Pen, you need to tell us where she is," started Rowan, "we can take you to mother. Think about how upset she will be if she were to find out elsewhere. We know you know something."

Penelope put her quill down and sighed loudly. "I cannot. Even if I wanted to tell you, I cannot. I promised her that I would give her a week to be at the palace gates."

"Or what," asked Peter.

"Or I would tell mama and papa everything," she responded.

BAM! Peter smacked his palm over her desk. Penelope quickly jumped. "Where is she Penelope?"

Penelope looked at Peter and then down at her hands, "She went to go look for the Crown Prince," the brothers cursed and she looked back up at Riken, "by herself. Stopping first at the tomb of Detranium. I gave her a week."

"Yes, because he going to be kneeling crying at the foot of Detranium's tomb!" bellowed Riken.

"What in the Gods' Haven is she doing at that Hell hole? Riken that place is a maze. She will never find her way out," concerned Peter.

Rowan sighed again, "I know full well of the forsaken tomb. Not a word to our parents. She has a week, if she is not at the gates we will fetch you Penelope to tell them everything you have just spoken to us." He turned to leave, "And by the Gods, pray to them that she finds a way out and to him."

Her brothers left her room quietly most likely to return to their combat training. She rolled her eyes and turned back to her letter and continued writing to her friend who lived across the Vast Ocean. She silently prayed her sister was doing well.