Chapter 19 - A Real Knight

"Your Majesty, a friend of yours is here asking for you", came Major Finn telling the Prince. Alexi moved to follow the Major. "By the way, the men are taken to you even after the whole courtyard idea. I will be taking that of course and implementing it here as a new technique." The Major led them to the top of the main gate.

Alexi laughed and responded, "Of course Major. I am glad it amused you. It worked and maybe these men can come to the castle once I can get back. They will need extensive training in many fields. I want YOU on top of it."

"Of course, Your Majesty. Pardon me Alexi, but what did you mean by 'able to get back" asked Finn.

Alexi stopped and looked at Finn, "We will discuss that some other time. I-"

"Your Majesty, Major Kieffen," the soldier bowed to the Prince. "The rider is outside the wall demanding to speak with the Prince. Should we authorize entrance into the castle?"

Alexi looked down at the rider and laughed, "Sir Tristan, it is about time you got here. What happened? Too many ladies on the way?"

The rider, Sir Tristan, looked up at his friend and yelled, "Alexi, if you don't let me in, I will personally make your already hellish life worse. Dammit, let me in."

The Prince and Major laughed as he finished his shpeel. "Raise the gates and let him through soldier."

"Yes, Your Majesty," the soldier bowed his head. "Raise the gates!"

They met back in the courtyard where Sir Tristan was getting off his steed and gave him to one of the hands. "I come in a bit of a hurry, My Prince."

All three looked at each other and Alexi started, "What is a bit of a hurry?"

"Major Kieffen, would you by chance have a place where the walls don't have ears?" asked Tristan.

"Of course, this way." Finnegan led them to his chambers. "We will not be disturbed here."

"Pray tell, what have I done now," asked the Prince.

"Alexi, your father is beyond pissed." Sir Tristan began pacing the room as the Prince sat on the bed and Finn leaned on his door.

"Explain now Tristan. My patience wears thin," warned Alexi.

"Well, that's the problem! I told you to stay put, but your denial of the crown will drag you back by your neck if your father wills it. You're denying your destiny."

"Able to get back, huh?" retorded Finn.

"Please don't. You both know I do not want it. Damn this destiny and this all. It's not destiny! It's a fucking curse!" breathed Alexi.

Tristan looked at Alexi and then at Finn, "He was not coming back. He was going to make a run for the Kingdom of Ceasar and live as a hippie."

Finn looked at Alexi, "I know it is not easy, I could never know what is like. But, you do not understand that denying the crown that has been set for you, eons before us, is not something you can just leave behind. You know how your father is Alexi. We all know. You could put us in danger. And, you."

"That's the thing," said Tristan. Both Alexi and Finn looked up at him, "Alexi, your father has raised the taxes. To no avail."

"What," they both asked.

Tristan nodded, looking at them both. "Your father has set into motion some things that, I do not recognize. Duke told me the King is getting money hungry."

"Our kingdom has been prospering. It always has since before him," explains Finn.

"I do not know why he is doing this. Although I am most certain that it has nothing to do with you, it has caused some outbursts already. The people are gathering outside the palace walls demanding an explanation. And, what's worse he not only has one, but he refuses to give them one."

"What the hell," whispered Alexi.

"A civil war is never a good idea. That's one hell of a way for a Kingdom to go down," explained Finn.

"There's one more thing, Alexi," said Tristan. "There's a rumor of war."

Finn got off the wall and Alexi looked up at his childhood friend. "With whom?"

"Ceasar," revealed Tristan.

"But, that's impossible," raised Finn. "We have been at peace for years. Not to mention that the Ceasar is Alexi's friend."

"I know. Duke cannot either confirm or deny these rumors because only the King allowed certain people in the conference. But, they are serious Alexi. The Ceasar has been your friend and a friend to your mother's family. You know they have an army that bests ours. I do not know if he is doing it to spite you or to get you to come back, but if this gets back to the Ceasar, hell will be paid in full."

"If the King calls for Total War on Ceasar, this would mean mass destruction and loss," said Finn while looking dazed.

Finn and Tristan both looked at Alexi whose eyes were glowing bright blue and fangs were out. "When did you get those," asked Tristan.

"They were always there," he said quietly.

"No," Finn knelt at eye level with Alexi. "Those were not in the premium package of the Blessing. I know that you have the strength, agility, power, and some sort of lust for war, but tell me, how's that sexual lust?"

Tristan laughed, "You laugh but I heard yours is worse Tristan, a Knight should not be acting so wantonly," warned Finn. "Tell me, Alexi, how is it?"

"Fine," the Prince answered.

"Mmhm," said Finn. "I know you feel something else, what is it? Just us here."

"A thirst for blood. To take life, cause strife, and destruction."

*The picture above is Hadassah*