Chapter 4-High King

"My dearest, are you ok?" asked the King.
"I-I don't know. B-But how is it possible? A unicorn? Me? I'm not even of your blood," said Isadora in total shock. The King laughed hard and loud. "I'm sorry, dear. Excuse my manners," said he while straightening himself.
He sat beside Isadora and took her hands in his. To Isadora they felt wrinkly and old, but still firm with the power the old man still had. "I," he started,"admire such beauty and brains you enpower. My son, even with a stony and cold heart he has, would have taken pleasure in meeting you. As I have taken, of course. Isadora, I may be old, but I still have power."
"I know your majesty. I'm just still trying to process."
"That is not what I meant, my dear. I meant, such beauty has a story. You, my dear, and my son will have such an amazing story to tell." She looked at him strangely. "Your story will be great. And told by many until time indefinite. All over the world your name will be known. Your heirs will know where they came from and what their ancestors did."
Isadora just stared. "Umm. No disrespect my lord, but how do you know? How are you so sure?"
The King chuckled, "You forget I have the blood of the unicorns in my veins, don't you?"
"Trust me, I won't forget this."
Damien laughed and said, "Good! Now go, be a dear and fetch back your father. We still have matters to discuss," he said while kissing her hands.
Isadora looked at him and said, "Thank you for telling me this. It helps soothe my feelings."
Damien bowed his head giving her respect. Isadora got up and walked to the door and looked back at the King, who was now standing and watching her. His eyes turned a cool green color and she gasped. "Go," he said. She turned and opened the door, ready to face her new life changing options ahead of her.