Chapter 11-Written in Stone

As she took the reins of her horse, Isadora carefully made her way into the unfamiliar cave. Her horse never made a noise or movement of protest while entering the cave, so she decided to continue the lit up path. She could see paintings on the walls of the cave. She did not know whether to feel unsafe or protected by the stories told on the walls. 

 She saw ancient horses being driven away to extinction, and then the sudden idea of simply caring for them. Who knew that such creatures would take men to great lengths? Gentile creatures who had no right to be held in the palm of another horrible creature...man. 

Suddenly, Isadora felt a pang of guilt on her chest towards her Haddasah. She looked at her beloved steed, and stroked the snout of the steed. Sighing, she continued through the cave where a small pool of clear water lay. 

"Come Haddasah, have a drink before we continue", she led the animal to the pool and drink. But, as she held the reins, a slight breeze came from beyond the continuous part of the cave. It sent goosebumps throughout her body. And, she knew she was not imagining it because her horse then picked her head up and snorted trying to move back towards the entrance. "Woah. Easy girl. I know that was really weird, but we have to keep moving. I have to do this." She stroked the head of her horse. Took the reins and slowly made their way to the path beyond the lighting of the sun.

More paintings. More stories. More pain. More glory. She passed the story of a lost filly and being the prey of a mountain lion. As she moved further in it started getting colder, and the painting showed a pack of wolves helping the filly. Finally coming to, what looked like, help from the pack scared the mountain lion away. Soon after, the filly was reunited with her herd and the wolves looked to be leaving the canvas with only the trace of what the filly had encountered. 

 She wondered why this story was here. It puzzled her why a wolf not want to eat the filly. But,who ever said animals don't feel sympathy? If they feel pain, they must certainly feel something. They kept going into the cave and soon got dark. She started getting worried, but before thinking aloud, she felt a small wave of heat. She then hurried her steed and started seeing a light. 

The Lost ThunderstormOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara