Chapter 7-A Sister's Promise

They ate dinner like any other day, without speculation from any parent.

During the next hour, Penelope did her very best to help her big sister pack a few essential things. "We have to be more quiet, Isa,'" she said to her sister. "I know. But, we also have to hurry or else we will get caught." 

As they finished her pack, Penelope took Isadora's arm,"Listen to me, you have one week...one week to find him talk some sense into him, and bring him back. If you are not at these palace's gates by the end mark of one week, I will personally go to mama and papa explaining to them what we have done tonight and why you are missing. In which, father will most likely send a search party out for you along with our brothers. Is that clear enough for you?"

Isadora looked at her little sister and smiled, "Which one of us is the oldest, again? I seem to have forgotten for a second there?" Pen said, "Glad to see your sense of humor is still there." "C'mon Pen. I will be just fine. I always will. You know that," said Isadora. Penelope smile and sighed as they held hands, "Yes, I know it. Come," she moved to grab Isas' cape, "it's quite chill outside. Good thing you have long sleeves on your dress. You have boots on, yes?"

"I do. But, I will change into a riding uniform," said Isa.

Penelope scowled at her sister. "What?" asked Isadora.

"If mama would have heard you," Pen said. "OH! Stop it. I rather wear it than trip or rip my riding habit." Isadora took her outfit in hand and went to the room divider.

She came out later on, dressed in her cream-colored knee high boots, navy blue pants, and cream high-low long sleeved riding shirt. Penelope took the black hooded-cape and wrapped it around her sister, tying it at the chest. "There," Pen started, "I hope it will serve you well in the coming weather. If not, I packed more shirts and blankets in your pack." "Thank you, Pen," said Isadora. "Don't mention it," said Pen. "I will prepare Hadassah for you." 

"Ok," said Isa, "Well...WAIT!" Pen turned back to her sister, " What?" Isadora looked at her little sister with a pleading look. "Let me go pray to the Gods first. I'm gonna need all the strength I can get right now," Isadora explained. Penelope looked down at the floor, then back at her sister, "Fine. But don't be long. Remember, the guards are on high alert because of the Prince's disappearance. We don't need them to wake mama and papa up right now telling them I helped you get away by knocking one of them out." Isadora giggled, "Ok."