Chapter 12-The Tapestry

Luckily, the shadows were only moving because of a big fire. They came upon a grand opening of a wooded area. It was as if the woods crept through the open ceiling of the massive cave. A large waterfall lay at the back with the trees and vines coming from above finally touching down and reproducing beautiful foliage. "This is surely a dream. I wonder where where Detranium is buried." At that very moment, she hadn't noticed the fire bowls leading to the waterfall. "Surely someone has been here already and look, they are leading behind the waterfall Hadassah."

"Well, you have to rest so we can camp out here, keep each other warm so that we can keep on tomorrow. Come" she led the horse to a nearby branch that was sticking out of the ground, "I trust you won't wander off too far. Maybe help me pick sticks for a fire. Surely those fire bowls won't help." She led the mare and tied the reins to the branch, took of the saddle and laid on the branch. She finally took off the reins and the horse chewed as if finally the control was off of her.

Isadora took of her cape and pulled up her hair in a tie string. She walked towards the water and tried it seeing that it was surprisingly warm. She walked by the water with Hadassah following closely, finally making it to the tree line she bent down and started looking for the twigs and leaves and other materials to build the fire just like her father had taught her.

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙

Once the fire was going, Isadora watched as her mare grazed then stared at the waterfall trying to imagine the possibilities of what they could find in there. The moon was high in the sky, almost visible from the hole on the cave ceiling, "Well, I guess it's a good night to you Hadassah. Try not to stay up too long." She gathered her cape on her as best as she could to shield from the chilly breeze the waterfall was sending her way.

Hadassah, a few feet away, was looking at her owner and when her human finally laid down, she went back to graze.

☄☄☄☄☄

Two swords collided in an ancient dance. An ancient struggle that brought kings to their knees making them older than time itself.

The iridescent vortex spitted her out, she awoke with a groan. Eyes sticky from the morning sleepiness, a large hearth bellowing fire, and above the hearth a stitched blanket. A wolf on the lower left hand side, a dragon on the right lower side, and on the top a unicorn. The three making a fine triangle all surrounded by squiggly lines. The wet window showed that it was still quite dark outside.

She turned from her left side and over to her right, where she saw the broadest back her life could encounter. Every dip and groove of muscle, well defined and...visibly sweaty? It was then that she noticed she was naked under the silk sheets, but for some odd reason it did not startle her as something like that usually would.

"You do not have to look at me like that. I am not going anywhere, my lady," suddenly said the deepest voice. Like the most beautiful mahogany forest with rich red and yellow leaves.

"If I recall, 'my lady' is not exactly what you used to call me last night."

"And, from what I remember the hearth is not the cause of my sweating," explained the man turning around to face her. Revealing a god of a man with dark raven hair, high cheekbones, full pink lips, and the bluest eyes with grey speckles around them. Like a storm. He slowly put on the brightest and devilish smile grabbing her naked waist he lowered his lips to her ear and asked "Shall we continue our little game from last night?" "I thought I had won?" she retorted back.

He captured her lips with his quickly thrusting his tongue in her mouth and they danced the same battle from the previous night. Lightning flashed and she looked up. The man's face full of rage, his eyes bright with the force of lightning, and blood dripping down his forehead. She screamed and more lightning flashed. The rain pelted down.

"FINISH IT! DO IT. NOW! FINISH IT. THE BOND. YOU HAVE TO FINISH IT NOW! OR MY LINE IS SCREWED! DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE TOO BITCH? FINISH IIIIIIITTT!!!!" screamed the man.

Another flash of lightning escaped the heavens onto...her.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Isadora woke up with a gasp that echoed through the massive cave. Hadassah awoke and flew through the grass. "Sorry," started Isadora holding to her head, "I cannot believe I said those things even in a dream." She rolled her eyes. "If I am correct, the man looked just like the Prince. But, there has to be something else. This place seems to be doing a number on the situation. Hopefully, the burial site could add these numbers up", she looked at the waterfall. "We must continue, I have six days left."