Chapter 10-The Hill

Isadora sat on top of her horse wishing that she did not have to do this. Too busy in her thoughts, she did not notice that the sun had started to come up and she was still on castle grounds. Knowing that she would have to pass the farms and the village she spurted Hadassah on. She passed the farms, looking at the crops and wishing that she would stay to watch them grow like she had in the past, but she kept going forward. She took the back way of the village to make sure she would not attract the attention of any early risers. 

Finally, coming down the hill towards the entrance of the village, she looked back at everything and sighed. Spurting Hadassah on to a gallop, they made their way towards the edge of the mountain top. She took out her map, and decided to head down southeast, towards Hornhill. They had to cross the river, which was getting cold at this time. So, she decided to take it easy and have Hadassah at a walk after crossing. The sun had just finished coming up, and she could see a lot more clearly now. The birds were chirping, the bees were buzzing, and a few feet away a woodpecker was going at the wood. 

Isadora petted Hadassah's neck, "Good girl. We'll make it to Detranium's burrial. That is something that I can't miss out on. Besides, he might be family of yours." Hadassah made an agreeable sound and Isadora smiled. 

By the afternoon, Isadora had made it to Hornhill. She was at the edge, "We'll have to go along the edge of the bottom of the hill. I need to find the door to that burrial. C'mon Hadassah." She pulled the reins and went to the bottom of the hill. Dismounted Hadassah, grabbed the reins, and started walking slowly along the edge.

"If I remember correctly from the book I was reading, the door is wooden. But, since it's been so long, I gather it would be mossy and green."

She ran her hands along the hill side and about half way, came upon a ridge line. "Well, would you look at that?" she looked at her horse, "I'm going to have to leave you here, my fair lady." She smiled at Hadassah, "C'mon," turned her around and left her a few feet back from the door. "Hadassah, dear, your going to have to stay here." She looked at her horse, the animal looked back at her.

Isadora went back and tried to figure out how to open the door. "There should be some sort of device to push in." She ran her fingers along the middle of the door, then came along another ridge. "Here," she pushed and the door seemed to howl and creek. The door seemed to open back, making dirt and moss fly along with the wind. Isadora took a step back coughing and waving a hand at the dirt. Hadassah whined at her once the door finished opening.

"Well, I guess you are right, fair maiden. The door is big enough for you," she looked back at her fine horse, "C'mon now." She waived a hand and the steed pranced over. Isadora took the reins of her horse and they both headed inside, in which it was already lit by torches.