Chapter 2-Respect

"Princesses, how are you on this fine day?" asked King Damien.
"Umm..." said Penelope
Their mother gave the sisters a look that said "your manners please". It was not until she raised her eyebrow that the girls decided to finally speak.
"Hello, King Damien. I presume your trip here was well?" spoke Isadora.
"Yes. Quite well. Thank you for asking," he said.
" I'm sorry for my rudeness, but what are you doing here?" Isadora asked boldly.
"Isadora!" exclaimed the Lady.
"You are speaking to the High King of Kings, Isadora. Show a bit more respect, my child," said her father.
"No no. It's all right," he laughed, "She has a right to know what is going on," explained the High King.
"Then please, do explain," said Penelope.
"Come sit down, please. You should sit," he pointed to the love seat as he sat down on the chair.
"What is going on?" asked Isadora.
"As you probably already know, the royal family is a...a very...complicated...that's the word...complicated family," he started.
Isadora looked at him and at her sister with a baffled look.
"Surely, you already know this," he said to her.
"I knew...b-but, didn't really believe it."
"Well, it's true. And much more," said the King.
"How much," said Penelope.
"Lots more," he answered, "actually, we have secrets. Lots of them. Starting with the first major family secret. This secret starts with the First Royal Family."
"What is it?" asked Penelope.
"I'm sorry, Princess Penelope. But, that is something only your sister will come to know of. Not even your parents can know," King Damien said.
"I believe it is time for the three of us to step out for a minute," said their father.
"You will be ok?" asked Penelope.
"I will be fine," said Isadora to her sister.
Penelope stood up and let go of Isadora's hand. The Lady blew her a kiss.
"See you in a few, mama," she told her.
"My dearest child, " said the Lady.
"Come, my Lady. We will tend to our other brood of children," said the their father, "My guards will be right outside, child."
"Thanks, papa" said Isadora.
The three exited the library. Isadora looked at the King and he looked at her.
"Isadora, I have known you since you were a child. I will not lie to you or try to harm you in any sort of way. It'd be best to show you our family secret, but it's too risky. This secret does not come lightly, though. It is a heavy burden."
"You may be starting to scare me," she said.
"Oh no no. Dear child, remember? I will not try to harm you in anyway. That is not my intention."
"Then, what are you trying to explain to me?" said Isadora.
King Damien sighed heavily. He got up and paced about the room. He stopped at the window and looked outside. "Tis a beautiful day."
"That it is," agreed Isadora.
"I'd bet my son's view is bigger and brighter than this one," he said.
Isadora looked at him puzzled. "What ever do you mean, my King?"
"Would you like to hear a story?" the King asked.

*The picture above is Isadora*