Chapter 17 - The Men

All three arrived at the courtyard where a group of young men were all around. Some holding others back and a few punching and throwing swings at each other. 

General Finnean Kieffen whistled loudly, which caught the attention of most. Except two that were rolling in the mud. Alexi saw them and calmly rushed to them, grabbed them by their necks, and threw them in front of the General. "Embarrassing. Embarrassing. That the future king is here and here you all are. Fighting like a whole bunch of cunts."

As the men heard the words 'Future King', they bent to their knees and some as to completely lay both knees on the floor.

"General Kieffen is right, to an extent. How sad it is to see our men fighting between themselves, and to be so bold as to do it in front of royalty. Of me, your Prince and future King. Would they be so bold, Major General?" asked Prince Alexi. 

"I would assume so, my Prince," replied the Major. 

Alexi stayed looking at the men who were kneeling, and now the General himself had bowed his head and smiling. "If you want to fight, fine. Major", said Alexi. "Yes, Your Majesty", replied Finn. "When training is done, have them here, in this same courtyard and lined up," said Alexi. 

"Yes, Your Majesty", said Finn. He turned towards the new men and grinned widely, "Alright men, let's get started."

 ~10 hours later~

"Line up men", said Major Finn. "Let's go! Six in a row. I know you're tired but whatever the Prince has in store for you all, will make you tired now." The major counted all the men and then turned to the Prince who was sitting on the steps. "They're all yours Your Majesty. But, with permission, I would love to watch."

The Prince smiled and looked up, "Sure Major." He stood up from the steps and stood in front of the men. A handful of soldiers came to watch with the Major. "Doubt breeds idiocy. You all acted like idiots earlier. I do not care what the reason was. Here, we are brothers and sisters. We look out for each other. And, if the time comes we will have to die for each other. There is no war as of right now, but I feel something brewing. And it's not the beer the Major General has in the back of the post," the men and Major laughed while the new soldiers looked worried. The Prince started going around the group of men lined up before him and started raising his voice. "You all came here of your own will, with no promise of a war breaking. But, before us there was war. The Major here has seen battle," as he pointed at the Major who lowered his head, "I have never seen war or battle, and hope not. But, that could change in an instant. And, I sure as hell will NOT have idiots in my damn army. Not while I am here. And sure as hell while I am your Prince!"

He came to a stop again at the front and the men straightened their noses, "You want to act like idiots, well here is your chance. From now on no one is allowed in or out of this courtyard until whatever reason the fight broke out is fixed. You may act like an idiot. Meaning you may fight, talk, yell, kill each other, or suck each other's dicks. Whatever differences you have will be resolved tonight, however, it may be solved." The Prince walked up the stairs and the men straightened up. General Kieffen looked at his Prince, "Oh, and Major," said the Prince first. 

"Yes, Your Majesty?" asked the Major.

"No one goes in or out of this damned yard. No food and no water for these idiots. Tomorrow afternoon they are to clean the shit they are about to make," the Prince walked away to the nearest beef stew.

The Major pointed to the outer gates before the main gate and to the other yards, "Guards, close the gates for tonight. You heard the Prince, no one in or out of this yard. Solve your differences men, maybe one day you will be the Prince's guards." He closed the gate that led to the castle after all his men exited. He chuckled as he was leaving, he heard the idiots starting to shout.