Chapter 27: Preparations

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages. 

***************************************************************************************************

Swamy took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. For the past few hours he was concentrating on his notes. His notes which covered all the information of the game he had collected so far through his experience and the internet. Now that exams were over, he had time to, as he would call it, play a lot. And he intended to make the most of it.

Unfortunately for him, he had been stuck dealing with two monsters in the game who did not know the meaning of going easy. Fortunately for him, it did not last long. Blessed by the Sea Gods or whatever Gods ruled the game world, both the monsters had other duties to tend to and could only afford to spend one night with Raka. One whole night of pure hell which left him feeling exhausted mentally and physically. And this was after the 18 game hours he had already spent doing various things.

Ordinarily being stuck with two beauties an entire night, which ended only when the sun rose up, should have been a source of celebration. Even a source of envy. Instead it had turned out to be something which could not be described by words alone.

Swamy sighed. It felt like just a moment ago that he was infatuated with a lovely blonde girl who seemed like she could have changed his world. And then in the next moment, all thoughts about her were replaced by the virtual horror he had withstood. It was only by a certain force of will, a recognition that his teachers were his allies, that he could even think of playing the game again.

'I guess I should be grateful I did not end up walking funny or something. But I will have my revenge one way or the other.' He just needed an idea which would make his sweet revenge possible. Just then his eyes fell on his glasses and he had a brainflash.

Swamy had a strange gleam in his eyes as he searched the internet for the right thing.

'Found it!' "Hyahyahyahyahyahyahya..." Swamy almost lost his head.

The same day three other things were announced. One was the item auction system. The other the currency exchange service. And the last, the hall of fame portal.

'Hmm...the auction system and the hall of fame portal are pretty much the same as in other games. But the currency exchange is limited. Let's see...Ok so the starting exchange rate is 1 US dollar equals 1 gold. So about Rs 55. And the exchange limit per person is 10 gold every month. The exchange rate is variable and will change based on various things including the amount of money which enters and exits the game.' Swamy carefully read the details. The reasons for the exchange limit were also mentioned. As the players have yet to travel to other lands and are basically concentrated on the four starter islands, a high infusion of gold can badly influence the economy of the islands. The limit will be removed as and when players migrate to more markets.

'Makes sense.' Around half a million players buying 10 gold will result in 5 million new gold. Assuming even distribution, each island would have 1.25 million new gold. Even considering the equivalent game time of 3 months, this much was enough to really upset all sorts of prices and other things. 'The most affected would be the npcs I guess. Though the variable exchange rate should keep things balanced.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raka logged back in at the Magic Academy training hall. He shuddered. He made his way out in a hurry.

The sun had not risen yet. Shadows covered the city, illuminated only by the faint lights of the moon and the stars. The residents would still be in the arms of the lady of the night. But all was not quiet. Here and there a figure moved about, probably a player. Raka made his way to the beach.