Chapter 20: Bon Voyage!

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages. 

***************************************************************************************************

A beautiful day. The sea birds call their mates. The frolicking of the waves make music. The serene wind takes a yawn. The lukewarm sun shines its brilliant rays on to the deck of a ship. On to a young man who stares at the heavens looking upon this wonderous world. He would have been blessed to receive nature's prize and his thoughts would have been full of amazement. He makes the shadows move hither and tither as he slowly lifts the mop on to the ship's deck.

'I have been tricked!'

So much for important missions, exciting adventures and amorous women. If anyone tells you that being a shipwright learner and a page are important jobs, hit them. By any equation, all calculations, shipwright learner + page = slave.

Consider it. The addition of two lowest rungs in the job ladder results in being like the lower side of the lowest rung of the ladder. Kinda like negative number + negative number = a more negative number.

Raka sighed again, running the mop across the wooden floor of the ship's deck, remembering everything that had brought him to this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raka stood wondering what to do. He had just been delivered the Annoying Parrot. It was getting late and he had to log out soon but he couldn't just leave it in the cage. He would be gone 2 days after all. In his shock, he had failed to see what was in the cage. 'Was there food and water?' Well even though the parrot was annoying, should he just let it die?!

After thinking a bit he decided on a course of action. He got out the ear plugs he used when he worked at the warehouse and put them in his ears. He hoped it would be enough although all his instincts warned him that if they couldn't protect him from Salmon's voice, they wouldn't help with the parrot.

But still, something was better than nothing. If only it would give him a few more seconds to react before he was stunned, he hoped. Slowly he lifted the cloth from the cage again.

".......," the parrot moved its beak.

"Um....wait. Before you start singing, wouldn't you like to get out of the cage." Thankfully, he couldn't hear its voice. The ear plugs were working. On the other hand, not being able to hear, he was sure it had not started singing yet. He could see its beak move though so....Well strike before it could get in its groove, as they say.

He put his hands on one side of the cage wall, finding a small latch and opened it. He tried lifting it and the cage wall lifted. All the while the parrot was watching his actions, incredibly with its beak closed.

"You are free now. Go on fly away. You see freedom, fresh air...go on!"

'Please do', he thought as well.

The parrot walked out of the cage, hopped would be a better word, with its wings flapping. It flew on to the tree monkey was on and landed. And then it stared with its beak open.

'Is it saying something?' The parrot simply nodded its head and shut its beak.

Raka wasn't sure what to do now.

"Go on...you are free, do you understand. FREE! FLY! AWAY!" He even shooed with his hands. But still the parrot just sat there.

It started moving its beak after a while. Not sure if Raka was out of danger yet. But there was no way to find out other than to risk it. Slowly he moved the plugs out of his ears, being cautious.