Chapter 4: Training Begins!

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages. 

***************************************************************************************************

The road out of Gurrow village leads to the capital of Ilmentia Island nation, Thelmova. The road passes through several hills on the way. These hills are quite high, just not high enough to have snow on them all the time. The peaks have withered away due to long years of facing the wind and here and there you could find almost flat patches of ground on top of them. Sometimes a lake formed near the top, filled with the water from the rain, with streams running down the mountain quenching the thirst of weary travelers.

Merchants and travelers used the road frequently bringing necessities, luxuries and the latest news for the people of the village. They did not fear the ferocious animals which habit the forests on both sides of the road and on the hills. They had grown up on this island and hunted the animals to become strong. They knew there was nothing that could hurt them in these forests, not unless they were incredibly stupid.

In recent days, however, they were scared. Every merchant, every traveller coming in was speaking of a strange beast with the most wild and painful cry residing within those hills. They confessed that they didn't actually see the beast itself, but its scream was so scary, that they ran away as fast as they could. They wondered where such a beast had come from, and thought maybe it was one of those legendary birds, the size of a house, which could carry away people and animals alike. Rumors started and spread high and low about this vicious beast and where it had come from.

Today as well the wild beast's scream could be heard down on the road....

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

"SSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raka was still standing after Lady Verina left, unsure of what to do. He was happy to have been accepted as Lady Altia's student, except he did not know how the training will begin or proceed for that matter. He looked at Lady Altia who seemed to be discussing some things with Nathan and the rest of instructors with quiet voices.

Raka tried to hear, but Nathan realizing this, instructed him to wait here for a bit as they had somethings to discuss with Lady Altia. Raka sat down, while the instructors moved out to the field to continue their discussion. Having nothing to do, Raka started noticing things within the hall. He initially thought that the walls were made of wood but he realized that the wood panels covered only the interior while the exterior was stone.

'Probably for hammering nails in, I guess.' Also the armors were made of metal with flaps of leather inside for extra padding and protection. All the armors had numbers painted on them surrounded by a ring of small leaves. It seemed different than the ones Nathan and the other 

instructors were wearing. Now that he looked at it there were several pieces of armor. There was chest armor, then there was a armor skirt, thigh armor, greaves for lower leg and boots made of metal and leather for covering the lower legs. There were also gauntlets and some kind of armor for shoulders and upper arm. And finally helmets with their faces open.

Added with the chairs and desk, the hall seemed quite plain.

After a while, the instructors came back and Lady Altia spoke.