Chapter 21: Naval Training

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages. 

***************************************************************************************************

Swamy sat down on his table looking at his notes on the game. He was preparing another report to be submitted next week. He had always been told that if you finish your work early, you get to play early. Atleast that's what his parents had hoped he would learn. Swamy did follow this rule though he could never prove that it worked. Eventually when people learned that you completed one task early, they always had this inclination of giving you more. If this corollary is true then that work early play early thing has to be false.

Anyways it had become his habit now, which is why he was diligently studying for this report, which will be submitted next week. And Swamy gazed on his notes on the game.

Long Island was still classified as interesting but not a very popular game by the internet sites. Average in ratings though people did think it was unique in a lot of aspects. The stats were commonly used in most of the virtual reality games out there. What was different were the attributes. 'Well attack, defense, speed, etc are in most of the games out there. However it is interesting to think that there is no classification of physical and magical attack and defense. It makes sense though as magic in the game makes affecting a creature's or human's body directly very difficult. The whole transformation of stable form energy thingy was basically this. Though it will allow the effects caused by the environment. Like one can get burnt or frozen. It was mostly changing the environment temperature by creating fire or ice and attacking accordingly. But because it affects you physically, maybe it is not considered as magical damage. 'In that case if magic does affect you, would it be considered a curse?'

Since finding out about curses and curse magic, which kinda seemed similar, though people on the island were treating it differently, Swamy had tried to come up with theories on what it could be. He was planning to check up on those theories when he gets back to the island in the game.

Speaking of theories, Swamy was also trying to analyze the relation between the stats and movement speed. He had tried analyzing the math on how it was being affected and truthfully it was difficult. He knew that all kinds of speed, attack, dodge, etc had been combined with it. Which actually made sense once you thought about it. It allowed the player's own abilities to shine rather than simply a system assisted calculation like Dodge. Made it more realistic. And then it went on to improve your speed in totality. How the players use that speed was left to their discretion. To explain a few things he had come up with some guidelines:

a) Increasing Agility stat increases movement speed.

b) Increasing movement speed increases consumption of Satiety. You get hungry quicker. Also it consumes a hidden attribute called stamina which is different from the Stamina stat, although affected by its points.

c)Increasing stamina or the Stamina stat reduces consumption of Satiety, when doing actions. If you have more stamina, you can do a lot before getting hungry. So it counters the effect of increased movement speed.

d) Satiety always reduces over time even if you do not do anything, just like in real life.

e) Increasing Agility stat has to be balanced by increasing Stamina stat otherwise the increase in movement speed will directly affect your Satiety.

So even though the virtual body is not cells and tissues, it is being treated as such and consuming energy. Which actually raises an interesting question. Why do people add such a stat in the games. Its not like its real hunger and there were a lot of things which were not real in the games anyway. For example, immortality...not real!