Chapter 14: The Clan!

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages. 

***************************************************************************************************

Swamy stared at himself in the mirror. He yawned. He was still sleepy.

The last night he had trouble sleeping. Side effects of being restless from a great fight or atleast that's what he assumed. His body felt excited, eager to move, like the fight had not been enough. He did not know how to classify it, whether it was excitement....or just a bad feeling in his stomach which might trouble him later on. In either case he did not sleep well.

He moved and stretched and felt his body was fine now. He did not feel uneasy or excited....just normal.

'I guess that's good!'

Swamy started his preparations to attend class.

Lunch time again, and he was sitting with Manish, Himali, Sneha and Rajan in the cafeteria. It was sort of strange that he brought his own lunch. Usually the food in the cafeteria wasn't bad, and people preferred eating there or eating out at places close by. Atleast that was true for the first years. By the second year and above, students realized the value of economy. Not that they did not spend, they had full blown parties but they worked and earned some of that money from doing odd jobs around campus or outside. Like Swamy was doing. In fact he knew a senior, a 3rd year named Christopher, who worked with him in the movers company. He had been working there for quite some time now, and had become one of the managers. Well in simplest terms, he got to assign people tasks and manage all the lifting. So much for a manager.

It was he who now approached his table.

"Hi Swamy!"

"Oh hey Christopher, what's up!"

"Yeah...sorry to trouble you while eating. But there's been a lot of bookings this weekend. We might have to work extra time. You okay with that? I need to find out how many people can manage so I can plan accordingly."

"Yeah I am good. I can work!"

"That's good. We were running short on the guys who can operate the heavy lifters. Two of them just took leave on account of the long holidays coming up. And its just our busiest time too. With the *Dusshera/Diwali break coming up people are leaving for their homes or the beaches (*Indian festivals, usually give long holidays when it occurs close together. It follows the Lunar calendar so it can happen once in a few years. Kinda like long holidays over Christmas and New Years!).

"Hmm...no I haven't got plans. My parents just visited and they plan to go attend a conference in the holidays so I am available."

"Fine see you later then..." he said as a ping came from his phone. Even Rajan suddenly looked unsettled as he stared at his phone.

"Holy ***" "Wow!" Both of them started speaking together. Realizing that, both of them looked up at each other.

"Do you by any chance play Long Island?" asked Rajan.

"Yes! You do too eh. Do all of you play?"

Everyone nodded.

"Hehehehe then you will want to hear this!" and Christopher and Rajan both looked at each other and smiled excitedly.

"Why don't you sit down though..." offered Himali and Christopher pulled up a chair.

"So why are you guys looking so excited?" asked Sneha.

"Well someone posted it just now. Its titled Blessings! Seems like npcs bless you in the game. According to the post it happens when you have a lot of familiarity with the npc. A lot of people are getting it once they reach the age to leave the village." Rajan added.