Chapter 33: Understanding

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages.

***************************************************************************************************

The sea is a lonely place. Especially if your companions include one, who cannot speak the human tongue and the other, who you do not want speaking the human tongue.

Raka sighed.

"Screech....keech keech...."

"Kreech....kreech keech..."

"Stop fighting you two. And stop with the constant screeching...it's driving me mad!"

Raka sighed once more as he closed his eyes.

"It's here again...Monkey! Full sail!. Nobby, keep a lookout!" Raka yelled as he took control of the tiller.

As the wind caught on the sail, Raka took out a spell scroll.

"Air wave!" An intense blast of air hit the sail, instantly accelerating the ship from the slow drift to a fast pace.

While holding the tiller, Raka closed his eyes once more. And then he changed course a few degrees.

'Hope we lose it this time!'

This had been their routine for a few days now. All because Raka and his crew were being chased by a sea dragon! 'Persistant bastard!'

Raka's journey actually started two real life weeks after the first voyage of the Dawn Dream. Suffice to say he wouldn't be the first to reach Khardoum.

He needed a whole real life week to finally learn the 'Sailing' and 'Fishing' skills. And then another week to finetune his teamwork with monkey and gain the confidence to sail on his own. The last week, he also spent planning his journey and acquiring supplies and things he might need.

At the end of the two weeks, when he was finally ready, the villagers threw a celebration in his honor. Even though he had been with them only a few months, game time, they already considered him to be an integral part of the village. Not to mention, the villagers really liked to party!

And they gave him farewell gifts. Spears mostly, as a fisherman always needed a few. But then he also got a good hunting knife from Farun and family, which was much better that the one he had. And Guran gave him a toughnut boar jacket. Made from the fur of the very same boar, Raka had killed.

Toughnut boars had the hardest, roughest fur of any animal on this island. To make a jacket out of it, the skill of the craftsman could only be considered to admirable.

"Here, try it on..." Guran urged.

Raka took the jacket from Guran's hands and then grunted in pain as his arms fell down.

""Hahahahaha"" Many people started laughing seeing his shock.

"What is this....it weighs a ton!" Raka grunted.

"Hahaha...yeah that it does. It will take some getting used to. But it's advantages are many, so you better build your body up a bit." Guran said.

"A bit! This is a bit!" Raka was forlorn.

"Well, it is considered a treasure and I am sure many people would die to get their hands on this." Guran had a twinkle in the eye as he said that.

"Yeah...right!" Raka said. He knew toughnut boar fur was not really an expensive material because of obvious reasons.

"Jokes apart, this jacket skin is very tough and gives good defense. Even better than some metal armors and a lot cheaper than them. It should be a lot better than the armor you have. Also, it is waterproof and warm. A must have for any sea traveller. Most of all it's durable and will not get damaged easily by the elements. The weight is a bit on the higher side but I am confident you can manage that much." Guran said.