Chapter 13: The Hunt!

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages. 

***************************************************************************************************

"Character Window"

.........

Raka looked at all the stats he had gained in the two months of real time, he had already spent on the game. If it had been other games, people would have quit already, if they had to spend two months like this. In fact he had a suspicion that they may have already. But as more information about the game become public, he anticipated that the they may come back. He hoped though, that there were still a lot of people interested! After all all the forum posts was written by someone. Complaints on the forum had gotten fewer as people started immersing themselves in a different kind of challenge.

'Not that any new game wouldn't have this difficulty in the beginning. It is only later as you move forward and start knowing how things work, does gameplay become faster.' So the people who came later already knew what to do, atleast at the start! Unlike the first people who had to discover and figure out everything.

'Its just a different way to play that's all!' Raka mused as he walked on this road which will eventually lead to the capital of Ilmentia island nation, Thelmova!

Raka had set off from Gurrow village, finally. He had debated whether he wanted to learn more skills, the more would be better. But in the end, he decided to head out. Learning can wait, he wanted to have an adventure.

And so he looked at his earned stats. 'The endurance was especially earned!' He quipped looking at his higher than normal endurance, atleast compared to his other stats! He had equipped his armor and was using his staff as a walking stick for now. He had stopped practicing his flute in the game after he got the skill, concentrating on his other skills. But now he will practice everything.

Before all of that however, Raka wanted to get his first taste of hunting in the game. He wanted to measure his real strength. He started transforming energy. 'Earth', he thought as he embedded earth magic onto his staff.

Earth magic has been embedded. Damage increases by 5. Durability increases by 20.%

The road to the capital was covered on both sides by dense forests. Raka decided to head into the forest on his left. Walking for a little while, he encountered a horned rabbit. He took a stance and waited for it to notice him. Soon, it did. And moved to attack him with a grunt! Horned rabbits are fast. He knew that from his previous encounter, but knowing that they will attack straight at him, made his job a little easier.

Raka swung his staff to meet the rabbit as it jumped to gore him with its horn. Smack! and the rabbit was pushed to the side and fell over. It righted itself again, and attacked. Raka moved his feet to face it and another hit! It opened its mouth and showed its sharp teeth. Raka smiled. 'It won't go like last time!' The rabbit attacked again, a little faster this time, but Raka stayed calm and waited. As soon as it opened its mouth, he shoved the staff in his throat. 

"Clang, clang" made the sound of rabbit's teeth as it tried to chew through the metal staff but was unable to do so. Raka simply swung down, hard! With all of his strength and the gravity supporting him, the horned rabbit was thrown on the ground. As it fell loose of the staff, a little blood came out of his mouth. But it looked even more fiercely and went on the attack once again. Raka had gotten used to its timing by now, so he simply waited for the right moment and swung down his staff aiming for his head.

Smash!! And the staff landed on its head with enough force to open a cut, which started bleeding.

% Critical hit! Damage increased by 40%. %