Chapter 35: A long journey's end

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages.

***************************************************************************************************

Raka stopped his ship just outside the cove near the fishermen village. It was still night and he decided that entering that cove with it's parked boats would be too risky. The night also impeded his vision.

As he waited for dawn he went back to feeling depressed. Yesterday, game time, had been such a perfect day. Right till the end where he bungled it all up. He hadn't meant to fall down on Sophie. Yes, he did recognize her. The game made sure to keep your base facial features the same. Although with a bit of makeup anyone could change their appearance drastically. But still, not much had changed on Sophie's face. Except perhaps her eyes.

"Ugh! Green eyes!" Raka shivered.

Still his actions were unforgivable, even if they were unintended. The more he thought about it, the more he realized that his brain had become sloppy in her company. Otherwise how wouldn't he have noticed and stopped Nobby from singing! Normally, he would have been able to do this easily but he was, in a word, starstruck. Must be because all the blood seemed to flow away from his head. Or maybe he was just trying to act cool and dignified which led to this situation.

'Now she will never talk to me again.' Raka sighed. He felt like crying but at the same time realized that it was useless.

He still remembered those last moments clearly.

As soon as he held her hand, a kind of electricity passed through his body. A kind of excitement. He wanted to revel in this feeling for just a moment longer that he completely forgot about everything else. He only woke up when a 'Stunned' status message appeared before his eyes. But by that time it was too late.

Gravity took his leaning body guiding it straight on to Sphinx. He did not know by what math or miracle, his face touched hers. But he definitely remembered the sensation of her extremely soft lips.

Raka touched his own lips as he remembered that sensation again. It was like several sea dragons had sent lightning coursing through his body. Electrifying and yet gentle at the same time.

'Maybe increasing Sensitivity ain't a bad thing.' He realized while smiling.

And then his dream turned into a nightmare as he realized what had happened. Her expression had said it all. He was worthless. He was trash. He was garbage.

'Oh how can a girl make me feel this way!' His cheeks also remembered that burning painful sensation. 'Nope...increasing Sensitivity is definitely a bad thing.'

But most of all was the feeling of remorse. 'Why couldn't have things turned out differently?' And then he felt angry again at Nobby.

'Ah...no point getting angry at a dumb bird. In the end it was my fault!' And he got even more depressed.

People often say, not to leave a depressed person alone. Because if they are alone, they feel even more miserable like how Raka was feeling now. There was only a stupid monkey and an annoying parrot around.

Raka sighed once more.

There was a person before yesterday. And there was a person after. Maybe that's what's called growing up.

Just then Raka sat straight up. "Nobby! You can speak the island's language!" Raka shouted scaring the bird out of it's slumber. He just remembered the scene of this parrot introducing itself to Sphinx.

"You you you.....why....Oh forget it! I am too sad to be angry!" And Raka laid back down.

Staring at the moving stars, Raka didn't know when he fell asleep. When he woke up, he realized someone was shouting at him.