Chapter 8: Waiting...

Please Note: Statements between % something in italics % are game system messages. 

***************************************************************************************************

Swamy was astounded.

He did not get a chance to read the forums recently and that's why he hadn't known. The first time he heard about it was when he was having lunch with his four sorta friends. Like usual they were talking about Long Island.

"Hey hey did you check the forums?"

"Yeah I did!!"

"Me too, ooh I am really excited now!"

"Hahaha yeah....that's something alright!"

Usually by now Swamy could make sense of what they were saying, but today he was getting lost.

"Um...what are guys talking about?"

"What!! Swamy didn't you say you played Long Island? Didn't you see the forums then?" asked Rajan.

"Oh I am sorry, I have been a bit busy lately. So what did I miss?"

"HAHAHA what did he miss he asks!"

"Only the most amazing thing that happened." Sneha added.

"Oh come on, don't tease the poor guy already! You see there is this player who finally got out of the city."

"Really!! who?" said Swamy suddenly interested.

"An amazing guy. It is said that he became the student of one of the most important person in the village. And then he got to go on some mission outside the village."

"Really that happened?" Swamy was worried. Did the silent ones finally forego their silence and come out with another post.

"Yeah!"

"Oh oh do you know who he chose as his teacher? The head of battle school itself. Quite a guy!"

"Oh totally! And its said she refused every person as her student. Maybe because she already had him! And he's graduated from battle school as well. Wonder if she will take a new student now? Maybe she only takes one student at a time!"

Swamy suddenly felt uncomfortable for some reason. Did another person graduate from battle school on some island. 'Shit' he was being overtaken again.

"Yeah we are in Gurrow village. What do you think are the chances for us to become her student?" asked Himali.

"Slim to none I guess. We haven't yet joined the battle school even, trying to learn magic weren't we?!!" Manish said smiling.

"Hahaha true that! I wonder if we can go back to join the battle school, we can get Lady Altia teaching us too. Oh, Swamy she is the head of the battle school in Ilmentia island" she said looking at Swamy's strange look.

Swamy simply nodded.

"Hey what was the guy's name again?"

"Wait a second.....yep it's Raka! Hey maybe the guy's Indian. You know I think we had a really old comic series by that name."

"Did we! Must have been quite old then. This guy, wouldn't he be quite old if he read that stuff?"

"Could be...I only know of that because its in one of dad's drawers where he keeps old books. He said he used to be a fan of those in his childhood!"

"Oh my! So this guy is like your father's age..."

"Yeah....and...to"

Swamy zoned out. How did this happen. When did this happen. How much was known already!