f o u r t e e n .

As the mildly annoying school bell rings, all the students that attended the academy started to leave excited for the following weekend. Two friends walked out together talking about whatever came inside their minds.

"Say, (Y/N), when's your birthday?" Ren asked, putting her finger under her chin in a questioning manner. (L/N) perked up at this comment before slightly laughing at themselves.

"Right, I forgot, It's actually this weekend.." (Y/N) shyly said while continuing walking. Akari suddenly stopped, her head hung low. (Y/N) turned around in curiosity. 

"Is everything okay Ren-"

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!"

Akari shouted in disbelief, gaining the attention of the other students that were walking past the pair or the people who were around the neighbour hood. 

"Ah, I'm sorry?" (Y/N) apologised in uncertainty. Akari sighed and gain back her speed and joined (Y/N) again. 

"Well, since you brought it up, now we have to throw a party!" Ren said, her usual cheery personality coming back. Before (Y/N) could intervene, the other teenager was on her phone, preparing to phone people that both of them knew. (L/N) stopped, they knew now that they couldn't stop Ren from what she was doing. When she would receive a task, she will do everything to complete it.

...

Now it was the weekend and (Y/N) was laying on their bed. In their room, the hot air send tingles down their neck, giving them an unusual sensation. Unfortunately, there were no new details from the book provided that was still laying lazily on (L/N)'s desk. The teenager's animated parents had to go out for shopping for whatever reason that could be. Their thoughts were broken when a knock was heard; the noise was coming from downstairs. (Y/N) gotten up from their place on the bed before going down the stairs. Once arriving, they finally opened the door after recollecting their thoughts.

"SURPRISE!!"

Shouts were heard from multiple people on (Y/N)'s doorstep. The voices were familiar as (L/N) realised it came from their friends. 

"We're here to celebrate your birthday (Y/N)!" One of the voices said, it belonged to Kaidou. 

(Y/N) hesitantly opened the door to let everyone inside, they guessed this was all the people that Akari had contacted beforehand. The group headed to the living room where a table was set leading them all to place their presents down on it.

"Come on guys, you didn't have to buy stuff for me.." (L/N) said. They felt guilty for making everyone spend money just for them. However, a chorus of confirmation that it was alright let (Y/N) calm down just a bit. The people who had come for the birthday party for (Y/N) was Akari, Kaidou, Nendou, Aren, Chiyo, Teruhashi (surprisingly..) and finally Kusuo Saiki. 

Everyone situated themselves a place on the couch with (Y/N) in the middle so they could see all the presents and be able to reach them all. Akari and Kusuo were at (L/N)'s sides. Saiki being the unlucky one was also sat next to Teruhashi making her even more cheerful.

'I didn't even want to come here, but when I heard Saiki-Kun was coming, I couldn't resist!' Kokomi swayed in her mind. Saiki mentally rolled his eyes before focusing his whole attention back on (Y/N).

"Should we get started then?" Ren said taking the lead of the party. Everyone nodded in agreement. Akari gestured towards (L/N) to start unwrapping the gifts everyone bought. And so it began..

...

All the presents were unique in their own way. (Y/N) was lucky that nobody hadn't bought the same thing. Kaidou's present was a video game that he once heard being mentioned by (L/N) which (Y/N) appreciated greatly. Nendou's present was a box of ramen which really didn't surprise the receiver in the slightest. Aren's present was a nice bracelet with a few of (L/N)'s favourite colors. Chiyo's gift was a small key chain of a (F/A), this had made (Y/N) chuckle and thanked her. Teruhashi's gift was a book that she thought would made (L/N) interested in; (Y/N) liked the effort Kokomi put in to make it seem like she actually liked them. (favourite animal)