Chapter 29

IM SO LATE AGAIN AHAHAHDJFRHJVN SORRY 

Taehyung's POV:

I was close to the football field when I saw the team members spilling in. Their classes had ended too and we had practice now. 

Jimin was the first to come, a frown on his face. I knew Jimin better than he knew himself. But the look he had on his face right now- it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that he was super mad..

"What?" I asked.

He was scrolling through his phone, "what?"

"Did someone steal your cat?" 

"I don't have a cat-"

I tsked, "I meant- why are you so angry?"

"I'm not"

"Aw" I pulled his cheeks, "who made my Jiminie mad?" I said in a baby voice.

Jimin just rolled his eyes at me as the others started coming in.

"Oh hey Jimin, Taehyung" Yeonjun greeted both of us, "I had a great time last night."

Jimin smiled at him.

"I'm glad you enjoyed dude" I patted his back, "so? Did you make out with Soobin last night?"

He coughed, "what-"

"You like that giant, don't you?" I asked.

"You do?" Jimin asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Uh- nope" Yeonjun laughed, "pfft,, I don't.. he's my best friend-"

"Please- I had a crush on Jiminie too.. and he's my best friend so yea.. that's not an excuse" I said.

"Yeah he did" Jimin said, "Well, if you do have a crush on Soobin" Jimin said dramatically, "you better act on it soon.."

"Why what happened?" I asked.

"I saw him ask someone out" Jimin said.

"Whoa really?" I asked.

"He did?" Yeonjun asked, looking obviously hurt "I thought he was just kidding about it-"

"Oh no.. he asked y/n out in front of me" Jimin said.

"Wait what?" I was beyond confused, "y/n?!"

Jimin nodded.

"My- I mean, Jungkook's y/n?" I asked again.

"Yes Tae, I'm talking about her" Jimin said.

"Yeah well, Soobin kinda has a crush on her" Yeonjun said, "but he was also super terrified of what Jungkook might say... so... I didn't think he'd ask.."

"Huh" I scoffed, simply not believing the fact, "wait- what did she say? You were with them?"

"Yeah" Jimin said, "when we were going for class in the morning.. that's when he asked her out for coffee" I made a face at the mention of that abomination, "she said yes."

"What the-" I shook my head, "god- that's too early.. she doesn't even know him"

"I know right?" Jimin said, "she shouldn't just agree to go out with anyone.."

"Hey" Yeonjun said, "Soobin is a nice guy-"

"Sure" Jimin scoffed, "I mean, sure he's nice but-"

"But she still needs to be careful.. she's new.. all guys are dogs.." I said.

Jimin nodded, "exactly that"

"I feel like you're reacting worse than Jungkook would" Yeonjun said.

"Oh I can't wait to see how he would react" I said.

"You're late Soobin" Jimin told the boy who was approaching us.

Soobin looked at his watch.. he was actually right on time, "but-"

"Save it" Jimin said, "don't let your practice suffer now that you're... dating.." he said the last word as if it were poison.

Soobin gave me a questioning look. Sure I was kinda angry at him for asking out y/n but why Jimin was mad, I had no idea.. so I just shrugged my shoulders.

"He has been acting like that since morning" Soobin told me in a hushed voice as we started walking towards the field, "did I do something weird last night? I was really drunk so-"

"I don't know man" I said, "but y/n? Are you trying to use her? Y/n's so new.. and innocent-"

"She's not innocent" a voice said from behind us, "sorry for being late Jimin" he said a little louder.

"It's okay Jungkook" Jimin said.

"Well why was I scolded then?" Soobin said in a hushed voice again, "in fact I was on time-"

"Jimin scolded you?" Jungkook asked Soobin and chuckled, "what did you do?"

"Oh shit Jungkook" Soobin immediately made a beeline towards Yeonjun and stood behind him.. he was still very much visible, thanks to his height.

"Are you trying to hide?" Jungkook asked, "because you're failing at it dude"

"I-uh, I'm not haha, why would I hide" Soobin said, sounding extremely nervous, "it's not like I did something that would make you mad haha"

"That sounds very sus" Jungkook said, "did you mess with my jersey?"

"No why would I do that?" Soobin said in a tiny voice. 

"He didn't do anything" Yeonjun said, "let's practice now.."

Throughout practice Soobin continuously dodged Jungkook, almost tripped twice and missed a goal too.. 

Seriously though.. what was so intimidating about Jungkook? He wasn't WITH y/n.. they're just childhood friends.. right?

"Soobin" Jimin shouted from across the field, "put your head back in the game and stop thinking about y/n"

Soobin turned red, "I-i'm not-"

"Y/n?" Jungkook asked, "why would you think about her?"

"I'm not thinking about her hahah nope"

The scene playing out in front of me was hilarious.. Soobin trying to look at anyone but Jungkook and him boring holes into his body because of his stares...

"Then why would Jimin say that?"

"I'm sure you misheard haha"

"No I didn't.. I'd recognize my best friend's name of course.." Jungkook said.

I was itching to tell Jungkook but Yeonjun beat me to it, "he asked her out"

Jungkook raised his eyebrows and turned to Soobin, "You what?"