Chapter 76

FINALLY

Author's POV:

By the time Taehyung and Jungkook reached the dying flames of the bonfire, the distance between them had considerably increased. They had started as walking hand in hand but now they were even avoiding looking at each other..

Everyone had retired to their camps for the night, so naturally Taehyung and Jungkook were heading to their shared camp too when they saw Jimin heading in;

"Oh hey-" Jimin looked startled, "wh- you two are back early-" he gave a very obvious fake smile.

"We literally came back after two hours.." Taehyung said, "where are you coming from?"

"I'm uh- just umm- air"

"What?"

"Headed out for some air"

"Did y/n go to sleep?" I asked.

"How would I know if she's asleep in her tent or not- haha- it's not like I dropped her off or gave her a goodnight kiss or something-haha- that's stupid-" Jimin probably realized he was rambling so he looked back up at Jungkook and Taehyung who had the most confused expressions, "I mean, yeah she's probably asleep.. it's like 1:30am"

"Right" Jungkook said, tipsy enough that Jimin's banter made no sense to him "I'm just gonna talk to her tomorrow then.."

"What- uh- what do you wanna talk to her about" Taehyung asked.

"Umm- nothing in particular" Jungkook replied.

"Just so you know, I have a date with her tomorrow" Taehyung said.

"Yeah Taehyung, you've told us that multiple times already" Jungkook sounded exasperated.

"Well, I don't really think she's interested to go on a date with you though" Jimin smirked.

"Wait what? What do you mean?"

"I mean-uhm-"

"Did she say something? Is she- is she like not interested in me at all? She doesn't even want to give me a chance? Did you like have a heart to heart talk with her?"

"No I mean-"

"Maybe she'll blame it on the alcohol too, right?" Jungkook added.

"What do you mean by that?" Jimin asked.

"Jungkook-" Taehyung started but Jungkook interrupted, "I'm too sleepy for this" and headed inside the tent.

"Whoa- what was that about?" Jimin asked while Taehyung stared longingly at Jungkook who had just disappeared through the opening, "he seems mad."

Taehyung sighed, "I fucked up.. again.."

"You wanna talk about it?"

Taehyung just shook his head and put his head on Jimin's chest who immediately wrapped his arms around the other out of habit, "I don't wanna lose him again, Jiminie"

"Aw baby, you won't" Jimin patted Taehyung's head.

"And now you're saying y/n probably isnt interested in me either.. what if I lose them both-"

"Shh- that's not gonna happen.. I was just messing with you about the y/n thing" Jimin consoled his very drunk and upset friend, "I think you're just tired, it's been a long day Tae.. let's go and sleep now, okay?"

Taehyung took in a deep breath and followed Jimin inside the tent.