T H R E E

✨Travel so far that you find yourself✨

Travel so far that you find yourself

It was travel day!

I was excited as I sat on the couch waiting for my best friend who was ten minutes late. Mom asked, "You got everything?"

"Yes, I do."

"Passport?"

"Yup!"

"Money?"

"Yup!"

"Sunscreen?"

"Three different tubes that you bought me yesterday."

She smiled at me and leaned down to push my long hair strand behind my ear "Be good. Don't leave each other alone. Call me anytime you want, no matter the time difference."

I nodded my head until I heard the honk from outside. I kissed mom goodbye and dad who was sprawled on the couch, reading.

I walked out to a shiny deep black limo. A driver came out and opened the door for me to only find Jade with a wide grin on her lips "Thought we'd travel in style." I raised my brow "It's a twenty-minute ride." She huffed "No arruines mi vibra! (Don't ruin my vibe!)" I chuckled as I got in the luxurious limo. The AC was chill and there was soda lined up for us, few glasses, and a tub of ice machine neatly installed on the side.

I liked this. I very much liked this.

The driver closed the door as I watched him through the tinted glass as he picked my bag up and kept it near the door of my house. I was about to get out of the limo when Jade held my hand and said "You don't need that bag." I whipped my head at Jade "Those are my clothes!" She shook her head "Your clothes are in the trunk already. Those are useless clothes." I furrowed my brows at her because my best friend was bonkers.

I shook my head again because I couldn't deal with her when she pulled me into a hug and screamed at the driver "Drive!" The driver did just that. I pushed her away gently but she just let out a chuckle. I glared at her with anger- lava of anger inside me as she said "I shopped for you. I got you good stuff like bikinis, shorts, oh and this adorable dress that I think was perfect for you." I wrapped my arms against my chest "My clothes were just fine!" She shook her "I've known your ass long enough to know that bag consisted of nothing but jeans and loose shirts. Am I right?" I denied eye contact and somehow she knew I was. She blew me a kiss "I promise you'll rock all the men's world."

X

I didn't stop glaring till we reached the airport. I just didn't.