T W E N T Y S E V E N

✨I dream of you as my knight in shining armor

I dream of you as my knight in shining armor. I dream of you as my everything.
I wonder if you dream about me too

I get home by cab. It was already midnight and I knew that Jade would've been asleep so I didn't text her nor did I call her.

I walk up the stairs to our apartment and as I put the key in the keyhole, I hear him say "Did you have fun?" I turn around. He was sitting on the stairs with a bottle of whiskey, drinking directly from it. The way he was leaning against the railing I could tell he was drunk.

I ask "Why are you drinking?" He takes a swig and wipes his lips with his sleeve "I'm numbing myself, Curvy. I'm numbing my brain so all the thoughts in my head would calm down for a while. Just enough for me to breathe."

Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that Harvey and Nicklaus aren't biological brothers. When one gets drunk the other does too.

I walk up two steps and say "Come on. Let me help you in your apartment. I don't want you to pass out on the stairs." He takes another swig "I'm fine." And then another swig. I grab him by the arm "You can finish the bottle inside, Nicklaus. Not here." His head whips at me "Nicklaus? Are you disappointed that I'm drunk?"

"Yup." I lie.

He grabs the waistband of my jeans and uses me to stand up. I grab on to his arms because I was afraid he'd fall down the stairs. He said "Don't be disappointed. I don't like it." I play along "Fine, I won't be disappointed as long as you let me take you inside." I wrap his arm around my neck and grab him by the waist, making him lean against me. Thank god that he was only four steps down. I don't think I could've gone up the whole way up from the bottom.

I reach up to his apartment, almost breathless, and ask "where's the key?" He doesn't answer so I try the door and just to my luck, it was unlocked. I get him inside and right on the couch. He groans and takes a swig from the bottle.
His place was a mess. Papers scattered all across the kitchen island and coffee table-Pencils, charcoal, color pencils, oil crayons too- and some on the floor too. They had little drawings on each. Eyes, nose, lips. And there was another right beside him. It had the whole combination of eyes, nose, lips, and hands. And there's was the bottom half of a face that looked like... me?

 me?