E I G H T E E N

✨You took my breath away with the simplest thing that made my heart race✨

You took my breath away with the simplest thing that made my heart race

It's been a tough week. Nick and I rarely saw each other and when we did, he'd smile and walk past me. And for some stupidest reason, it made me feel bad. It doesn't make sense at all, I know. But it made me feel... not okay. But I haven't got that much time to think about that these days. I've mostly been busy with Harvey. Busy with some upcoming projects for the company. Because it was the peak of the fall/winter season and every fashion brand wanted the fabrics of Blackstone inc. they were the best after all. And because the director of fabrics was Zara, they knew she knows her stuff.

Harvey, Zara, and I have been working nonstop to make sure that companies like Dior, Chanel, Balmain, Micheal Kors, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent- and many more - knew that we meant business.

It was already 9 PM. I texted Jade a couple of hours ago that I'd be late and she replied with a sad emoji and then said, and I quote: 'My independent woman!!!! Working hard!!!! Work that booty off!!!! I love you!!!' She knew how to hit the spot with her motivational speeches with countless exclamation marks.

We were in the conference room, planning, studying, whatever Harvey and Zara wanted the team to do. Finally, after an hour, Harvey said "Let's go home, guys. We need sleep because we still have a rough day tomorrow, okay?" Zara stretched as everyone else packed their laptops and iPads. Harvey said again "Good work today everyone." They all smile and one by one they walked out, leaving us three behind.

I went to the huge board with Zara and helped her push it towards the side of the room so no one would fall over because of the annoying bar of the base. We heard him ask "How about we grab some food together?" I could eat. Looking at Zara, she had a smile on her face and said "Oh, I would love to but I should be home. Otherwise, my parents will have a fit."

I understood it all. That was not a pleasant smile. It was more of a 'Haha, I love playing matchmaker' smile. Harvey said "Oh, that's okay. I guess it will be Lana and me, right?" I would've refused because I was tired and I've been getting these vibes from Harvey that haven't been right. They're not creepy, it's just whenever I look at him, he smiles at me. Don't get me wrong, I love that smile but it does things to my heart that I'm afraid that one day it will burst out of my chest and leave my guts splattered all over the expensive clean cream carpet of the office floor that always smells like lemon no matter what.

Zara patted on my back "Oh, that's great. You guys enjoy, I'll get going then." She wiggled her brows at me and then walked out with the click of her heels mocking me. He asked, "So what are you in the mood for?" I shake my head "Anything."

Please say pizza. Please say pizza. Please say pizza.

He said, "I would love burgers right now." I smiled "Great, we can have that."

"Awesome, I know this great little place that sells the best burger with beer. It's not that far from here. Do you mind walking?"

X