T W E N T Y T H R E E

✨I should not care about you

I should not care about you. I shouldn't even look at you. But you're too beautiful

Chloe's penthouse was... was "Oh damn." Zara said from beside. Oh damn, right. The interior, the view of the city- this was a dream house.

The aesthetics of the decoration was creamy-white with a little bit of bold color thrown here and there. As soon as you walk in the door and down the three-step stairs, you're in the living room. The floor was pure shiny white marble that I could see the shadow of myself. A huge living room with two long creamy couches facing each other and two hot pink fur poufs together on one side and this cute light pink single couch on the other. Shiny pastel green pillows were thrown on the couches. The color combination felt so good to the eyes. A creamy white grand piano with a white cushion bench. The piano keys were rainbow-colored. And right on the wall near the piano was a giant portrait of a little girl. The same painted picture that Nick gifted Chloe on her birthday.

The place was loaded with people. Well, mostly girls and two and three men. The rest were the female staff who were in gorgeous golden dresses, serving drinks and mini-food.
I got a little self-aware because, in my mind, these were all rich people. These were the people that Jade is used to being around. I felt a little out of place.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and it was Zara. She looked a little out of place too. When I looked at Jade, she fitted right in perfectly.
My gaze went to the outer part of the penthouse and there was a pool party. And coming right in with a smile on her face was Chloe. She wore this gorgeous blue-gray dress with the shoulders dropped that had 3D cherry blossoms all over it as if someone threw it at her. It complimented her tan skin perfectly. Cute pair of silver heels and her short hair was pulled back away from her face as a sleek look. She had a sharp jawline, and the smoky eye makeup made her eyes appear even lighter blue.

She smiled "I was worried that you guys wouldn't come!" She grabs Jade into a hug. Jade's brows knit in confusion and she looks at me as she hugs her back. Silently saying 'Too friendly. Too damn friendly!' Chloe backs up and I am the next one being engulfed in a hug. And right after me is Zara. As soon as she pulls away she says to her "Oh and every food item in this house is vegan and alcohol-free. You can eat whatever you want." Zara looked at me with a look that said 'She's my new best friend.' Chloe grabs my hand and says "Come on, come meet my friends." And pulls me with her outside to the balcony with the pool. Few girls were in the pool, swimming, drinking, and playing with large pool balls. And some of them were sitting on the edge with their feet dipped.

She leads us to a group of people that consisted of two men and four girls. And introduced us to them one by one. The two gay men were her business partners, the designers for her company while the rest were her college friends. They were nice people.

My biggest anxiety about being in this place was that everyone was built like a model. Every one of them. I was the only plus-sized. Even Zara looked like a freaking model in this gorgeous long pink dress with a pink flower pattern on it, and her hijab as a cute dull pink turban. Her ears were hidden but she wore a cute pair of gold hoops to match the outfit. And Jade looked like one too in her dark blue one-sleeved dress. She didn't wear any jewelry to keep the main focus on the dress that she made for herself. Her makeup is light peach and her lips in pink. She straightened her hair that rested behind her shoulder in a sleek look.