T W E N T Y

✨A relationship should be based on trust

A relationship should be based on trust. You're a saint, I'm the sinner

They lived in a condo. A freaking condo that seemed more expensive than my life and Jade's combined.

The elevator ride up to the top floor was the worst. Harvey didn't let go of my hand and he stayed in between Nick and me for some obvious reason that I'm getting really curious about.

Nick rang the doorbell and Amanda opened the door. She was dressed in this cute pair of white jeans and a cream oversized sweater. Her silver-white hair left opened and natural curls down her back. She smiled at me "Oh, I'm so glad you came." before engulfing me in a tight hug. I patted her back "I'm glad to see you too." We pull away and Nick is next, kissing his mom on the cheek "Hi, mama." She holds him by the jaw and then focuses on him "You're not sleeping very well these days, are you?" He shakes off her grip "I'm fine. Just been busy with some projects. That's it." He walks past her with his giant gift and next is Harvey, wrapping his arms around her properly. She stays in his arms "You rarely visit, my love." He kisses her head "I've just been busy, that's all." He pulls away and she complains "They only way I can lure you home is through pies." He chuckles "Don't say that in front of my date. Don't make me look bad."

I look down and noticed that everyone was bare feet. As I contemplated about removing my heels, Amanda was already walking away telling us to follow her. I grabbed Harvey by the arm and ask "Do I have to take my heels off?" He smiles "It's completely your choice. We're just used to this, that's all." To not look weird or disrespectful to them in any way, I took them off and I was glad I did. My feet were not made for heels and the cool gray shiny marble floor felt good. I wish I wore jeans though. Seeing Amanda look that comfy made me all sort of jealous.

Harvey held my hand and led me inside the large area which was the living room and right there was Mr. Blackstone. In his gray slacks and dark blue shirt. Just like Harvey's. He stands up with a smile and says "Ah, just the woman I've been missing these days. I'm not letting you go until I've beat you in at least three rounds of chess." I laugh "We'll see about that, Mr. Blackstone." Harvey asks his dad "Where's the birthday girl?"

"She's still not here. She got up early, dressed, and went out with my credit card to buy herself a gift." His phone pinged and he corrected himself without looking "Gifts."

"Classic Chloe."

Nick walked into the room and Mr. Blackstone said "How have you been, Nicklaus?" He answers coldly "I've been awesome." And walks right past us to the kitchen... I think. Harvey and his dad exchange look and then he looks at me "Can I get you anything? Wine or something?" I shake my head "I'm good. Thank you." He asks "You wanna see my room?" I raise my brow "Your room?" He nods "The dinner won't be on the table until Chloe grace us with her presence." I nod my head "Yeah, okay." He grabs my hand and gently leads me towards the white spiral stairs.