S E V E N

✨Goodbyes are never fucking easy✨

Goodbyes are never fucking easy

I shivered and instantly my eyes open to the bright room. Messaging my temple because of the slight headache forming, I call him "Nick?" Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and call his name again "Nick?" But nothing. No answer.

Rubbing the sleep away, I finally take in my surrounding. Empty apartment. No sign of him or his suitcase or his easel and canvas or even his paintbrushes. He wasn't here.

Because I won't be around the next day.

I realized that he wasn't just saying that. He meant it. My dress and lingerie were on the edge of the bed neatly. My chest felt heavy that he was gone. He went away without a goodbye. I just wished that he would've waked me up so I could kiss him goodbye for making me feel... something last night. For accepting me for who I was and how I looked. I looked down at my frame and I realized I was still in his bathrobe. I sighed and as I almost rose from the bed, my eyes went to the water bottle on the broken nightstand. I smiled at the gesture and drank from it.

I finally rose from the bed and took off the robe, putting on the lingerie and the dress. Putting my hair up away from my face, I noticed that there was a letter inside the pocket of the robe. A white envelope. I debated whether to read now or later... but I decided to read it later.

Leaving the robe, I walked to the door and I was about to turn the knob, I looked back at it again and I didn't want to leave it behind. Walking back to the bed, I grabbed the robe and made my way outside to a short old man standing outside the door. He smiled at me and said "Me alegro de que estés despierto. Nicklaus me dijo que esperara a que te despertaras antes de que pudiera limpiar este apartamento para mi próximo invitado. (I'm glad you're awake. Nicklaus told me to wait until you woke up before I could clean this apartment for my next guest.)" I smiled at the old man and say "Muchas gracias. (Thank you very much)" He takes off his hat and bows at me and with one last warm smile at him, I made my way down the stairs and took a cab from there to my hotel room.

X

I walked into the room only to find Jade sprawled across our bed. Legs apart and arms apart like a starfish. Still in her skirt from last night and my grey hoodie. I make my way towards her and lie beside her, draping my arm across her stomach, laying with her in my misery. She stirs up in her sleep and almost snuggles closer to me for warmth. I notice her legs were getting cold so I grab the blanket and pull it over us. Draping my arms across her stomach again and letting sleep take over my misery.

X

I felt a soft hand on my cheek, waking me up "Lana. Lana, wake up." I open my eyes and sit up, wiping the drool over my lips and looking at her with one eye open. A wet spot on the back of her hoodie and I realize that it was my drool. She yawned like a cat with her mouth wide. I asked, "Did you have a spontaneous night?" She replied "I'll tell you over breakfast. I'm hungry. Come on."