F O R T Y O N E

✨Are you even real? It's hard to believe that someone like you likes me

Are you even real? It's hard to believe that someone like you likes me.

I'd love to see me from your point of view

All I get is silence. Why silence?

I am tired of it. I'm tired of them constantly pitting me against each other. Tired of the thoughts that go in my head against them. I don't hate them, no, but there's a certain dislike in my head they create for one another.

According to Harvey, Nicklaus is a cheater and a liar. And according to Nicklaus, Harvey is something that he won't give up on. What is Harvey? This is the first time I've heard Nicklaus says something about Harvey. But he wouldn't reveal it at all.

I ask again "What is it about Harvey that makes you despise him this much, Nick?"
His eyes are still wide with shock, hands in fists on his sides. His thumb plays with the ring on his index finger, turning it slowly. Why?
I shake my head "You have nothing to say? Speak to me, damn it!" He takes a deep breath and finally speaks but his voice is calm and slow. Soft and hoarse. "If I tell you, you won't believe me."

"If you don't tell me then I won't trust you anymore with myself."

I watch him visibly gulp "You-" he clears his throat "I know what he must've told you about me. That I'm a liar and a cheat, right? Do you believe him?" I don't answer but he puts pressure on that question "Do you believe him?"

"I might be starting to." My steps are soft to him but I keep my distance "What is it about him? If you don't tell me, do you wish for me to continue being with him? If you care about me, tell me." And just as he's about to say something, the door opens. I turn my head to Jade walking in, her eyes glued to the phone "Hey, I'm sorry I just got your text. I was with-" she looks up at us. First at Nick and then at me. Her lips are pressed in a thin line and then she looks at Nick "What did you do?" Nick is stunned by her question but Jade is fuming, pointing at me "Why is she crying? What did you do?" She exhaled visibly through her nose and opens the door wide "You have 10 seconds to leave this apartment before I drag you out and push you down the stairs." I thought she didn't mean it but then she barked "Out. Now." Her voice raises louder "Afuera! (Out!)" He looks at me one last time and then leaves. Not turning around at all. I watch him climb the stairs but she closes the door hard and makes her way to me. Grabbing my face, she wipes my tears that I didn't know were falling until I sniffed and felt my heart being heavy "Qué hizo él? (What did he do?)" I look down but he pulls my face up "Dígame. Tengo que golpearlo? (Tell me. Do I have to beat him up?)" I shake my head "No."

That offer wasn't in vain. She would've if I told her to.

No matter how hard I try to hold it all back inside; I can't do it when I'm with her. My voice cracks "I'm confused." She pulls me to her chest and I wrap my arms around her slim waist. She kisses the top of my head "Talk to me, baby."