T W E N T Y F O U R

✨You're so soft and warm

You're so soft and warm. I just wanna trace my fingers on your skin and hold you all night. It's home. You are my home

NICKLAUS POV

"Done." It took hardly two hours for the painting. I said to Kara "It turned out to be pretty." She gets up from the bed and stretched herself first "God, I never knew getting painted be such a pain in the ass. And for what? Just to capture the moment? Thank god for cameras." I chuckle and put last touches of gold on the corner of her eyes and a little bit on her collarbone with a thin paintbrush.
She comes up behind me and looks at herself painted on the canvas. She smiles "Wow, I don't think I ever saw myself this pretty."

"I paint what I see."

"Talented. When is your art show?"

"I don't have one yet. Still trying to find a gallery that could sponsor me." I feel her arms wrap around my stomach and she presses her naked body against my back, whispering in my ear "How about I sponsor you?" I could feel how she gets on her toes to pin a kiss right behind my ear. I smile and turn around in her arms, she leaned in closer to kiss me but I gently pulled back "Thank you for the offer, Kara. But I'll pass." Unwrapping her arms from around me, I say "I'll leave the painting here so it could dry properly and send it to you when I'm done with it. Don't worry, I'll contact you through my sister soon." She backed away from me and shook her head "Your choice. I was just helping you." She smiled at me as if telling me that she held all the power in the world. Why wouldn't she? I bet one of her parent owns something luxurious while she lives off their money. I shake my head "You were buying me." She turned around and mumbled, "Your lost, fool." Which made me almost laugh.

I grab my bag and walk out of the room. And suddenly, my feet stopped near Chloe's room. I wonder if she was in there or something. Alana didn't fit in here. At this party. This was not her.
I decided against going into the room and walked straight to the main living room.

I came to a halt when I saw Jade and this hijabi girl sitting beside Alana, napkins in their hands, wiping something off her face but I didn't know what. So I walk around the couch, in front of her and that's when I saw that she was drunk. And they were wiping the alcohol she dropped on herself that it even ruined her green dress. I asked, "What's wrong?" The girl in the pink turban answered "She drank too much." Jade sighed "I should get her home." Chloe whined from behind me "You're going so soon? But the party is gonna be going on all night. It's the weekend tomorrow, guys!" The turban girl smiled "I know but we can't leave Alana like this." Chloe offers "She can sleep in the spare bedroom." And I offer "Or I can take her with me. I'm going home anyway." Jade looks up at me and for some reason, I knew she hated me "No, thanks. I'll take Chloe on her offer." Alana was quiet the whole time when turban-girl and Jade helped her up, but Alana's foot slipped in her heels and I was there in seconds, wrapping my arms around her waist and keeping her steady against me. Her head moved back and forward so I put my hand against her cheek and she leans in my touch and then looks up at me with her drunk cinnamon eyes. A smile spreads on her rosy lips as she says my name "Nick." And rests her head against my chest. I look up at the girls staring at me and say "I'll help you take her in the room." But Alana protested "No, I wanna go home. I. Home. My bed." She couldn't even make proper sentences.