Chapter 14

"I forgot your sweatshirt at my house... again" I chuckle nervously to Axel. "That's fine take your time" he shrugs as he starts to walk me to the entrance of the campus.

I'm surprised when I see Lily walking this way Evie in her arms. My eyes go wide and I jog over to her. "What are you doing? People are going to believe the rumor" I whispered looking around.

"She needed to go out, I can't keep her cooped up in that house" she kisses the child who looks around excitedly. "Hii!" The baby cheers and looks behind me.

I turn as well to see Axel had followed. He waves his fingers and smiles at her. "Hi Evelyn" he answers her, and she giggles reaching for him. "Is it okay?" He looks at me and I nod.

Axel easily takes the girl in his arms and she giggles looking around. "O! Up! I up!" She wants my attention and I nod. "Yes you are up, did you make a new friend?" I ask and she nods patting his face.

"Oh by the way you left his sweatshirt on your bed, I was going to bring it but I got preoccupied with little Evie here" she laughs and I talk through my teeth looking at Lily. "I know... why are you bringing this up," I ask trying to be quiet only for her to hear.

"Olive you're not working today. Right?" She continues ignoring my question. "Correct I had a night shift and cleaned through the night... that actually sounds so lame" I laugh at myself getting the others to laugh at me.

"Axel you should come over and have a movie night with us" Lily suggest out of nowhere and I swear my eyes bulge out of my head. I turn to the guy behind me waiting for his answer. "I've got nothing better to do" he shrugs and I internally die.

"Great... we'll see you when we get there because you actually have a ride" I chuckle being an actual idiot. He laughs handing me the baby. "I'll meet you there" he gives us a little salute, before walking off.

I turn on my heel and Lily follows. "I hate you, absolutely you hate you" I mutter letting the baby down so she can waddle in front of us for a bit. "It's for your own good, I am speeding this process up" she exclaims and I narrow my eyes at her before checking the baby in front of me.

She was singing to herself at the moment but still moving. "Listen I have no more bl mangas to read so I need you guys to hurry it up" she claps aggressively and I throw my head back.

"Is that what this is about- I'll buy you more bl shit if you want me to" I shake my fist at her as the motorcycle zooms past. "I really hope he didn't see that- this is your fault all your fault!" I whine and she snickers.

"At least he'll know you're good with your hands" she assures me and I smack her arm with the back of my hand. "You son of a- now I have to give his sweatshirt back!" I cry scooping the child up.

"Can I have a reassuring kiss" I beg puckering my lips. "Ask Axel that" Lily laughs and I growl at her. Evelyn denies me and puts her hands over my mouth. "Meaunire" it was muffled by her little hands.

She finally moved them as we got closer to the house. Axel was outside leaned against his bike. When we got closer he joined us and Lily unlocked the door letting us in.

I sat the toddler down and went to my room, retrieving the man's sweatshirt. I'm going to miss this fabric... this wonderful smell. If only Lily wasn't such a bitch. I'm done living with her today. She's no longer loved by me for a few hours.

"Okay, I'm getting popcorn!" Lily shouts and I roll my eyes. "Find a movie that Evie can also watch and when she falls asleep... it's scary movie time!" She snickers evilly from the kitchen.

I kick my shoes off and hand Axel his sweatshirt as he does the same with his shoes. "Evie!" I shout and she comes running out of my room. "Come help me pick out a movie baby" I laugh picking her up and throwing her onto the couch.

She giggles and scrambles onto her butt, Axel takes the end and I sit in the middle giving us space- lots of space. I grabbed the remote and clicked onto Netflix.

"Ok love you've got to tell me which one" I point to the screen and she leans forward ready. I click through a few and suddenly she squeals. "Ice age?" Axel chuckles and I nod clicking it. "Id! Id! Id!" The girl squeals and the movie starts. "Id?" He asked and I look over at him.

"Sid, she likes the characters that get hurt... I feel like I should be worried" I groan letting my head hit the back of the couch. "Ooo ice age" Lily squeals setting the bowl of popcorn down on the table.

"Oh good the second child is here" I get a glare, from that remark, but she pats my head afterward. "Then why were you calling me mommy" I roll my eyes. "You wish" I scoff and there's a sigh next to me.

I look over to Axel and he's staring at us with curious eyes. "I seriously can never tell if you guys fuck or not- I mean shoot child..." he trails off and Lily bursts into laughter.

"Nah he's too gay and I would hate to make our relationship awkward" Lily explains throwing a piece of popcorn in her mouth. "Oh... yeah that would suck to ruin your friendship..." he agrees and I look to the TV screen.

This is so awkward now. It didn't take long for Lily and Evie to get sucked into the TV. I looked at Axel and immediately looked away when I found him staring at me too. 

As soon as the movie was over I scooped the sleeping baby up wanting out of this awkward place. Lily hurries to change the movie and I put Evie in bed under the cover kissing her to sleep.

"You guys want anything to drink?" I ask leaning against the doorway. "Water please," Axel asks politely followed by Lily's, "Same bitch" I flip her off, but go to the kitchen.

I grab 3 cups all with water. I add Lily's protein stuff, and ice with a straw for me. I quickly put those on the coffee table and look down at Axel. "Do you want ice or anything?" I ask and he nods. "Yeah ice would be great" he smiles and I nod hurrying to do that.

Bringing him back his water I take a sip of my own and sit in between them. "Of course we're watching Insidious" I groan remembering the beginning. "Marathon?" Lily suggest and I yawn.

"If I can stay up" I agree, getting an excited clap from her. "I'm down" Axel sets his water down. I looked over to him and just couldn't help myself. He was so attractive it hurt.

I was so used to this movie I didn't even find it scary. I think the third was the scariest to me. So when we get to that one... I'm sleeping. Lily would giggle anytime something psychotic happened and I finally looked over to her with a concerned look.

"You need help" I mutter as the movie ends and she immediately starts getting giddy, ready to play the next one. "I know, but nothing can help me" she blows me a kiss and I swear it took all of me not to strangle her.

I yawn once again, my exhaustion becoming worst halfway through the movie. Axel's hand draws my attention as he pats the spot next to him.

I scoot over, looking to him. "Are you okay?" I whisper not wanting to bug Lily who was sucked in, the popcorn was on her lap no longer shared with the rest of us.

He leans over and I turn so he can whisper in my ear. "You can sleep on me" he whispers and my entire body goes stiff. I was red in the face and quickly covered my mouth. "Ok" I mumble and he smiles patting his shoulder.

I timidly scoot closer, laying my head on his shoulder. His arm moves and is soon wrapped around my own shoulders. I stiff up again and he shifts around. "Relax" he lets out a low chuckle.

"Thank you" I stammer before closing my eyes. This doesn't feel right. I feel like I shouldn't be doing this. I sit up looking at him worried.  "Maybe I should go lay in my bed" I whisper and he looks down at me with confused eyes.

"I mean if you want to... I don't really- is there any way I can get you to stay?" His words surprise me and I put a hand on his arm. "If you want me to- I will. I just don't... I'll stay" I didn't know what to say exactly but smiled up at him and he smiled back down at me.

I looked to Lily knowing she would love what's happening right now. My face drops when I see her hugging her pillow. "Smack that bitch- fucking ghost thinks they know it all" she grumbled smacking the air.

I yawn again and lay my head on Axel's shoulder as his hand squeezes mine. If I wasn't so sleepy, I would be crying tears of happiness right now. I try to stay up and watch the movie but as soon as the third one came up I didn't even try.

"Goodnight"