CHAPTER 25: CALM IN THE STORM

"Well as promised me lady I brought food and chocolate but don't eat too much of it ok?" Xavier is finally here and he's brought me food and am telling you I'll add more weight than I ever had in my life because of my pregnancy. " I promise but only if you hand me that bag right now because am super hungry and it's ironic since like twenty minutes ago I ate some left over pizza. So I unpacked the food and placed in on two plates and we had dinner and after Xav did the dishes and later he made me some fresh orange juice and took me to my living room since he knew exactly what I wanted to know. When I first established my new identity after faking my death, I asked him to keep tabs on my family and Xander's and make sure they are ok and if they attempt to find me, they will fail miserably.

' Well Kiki, your 'death' has been pretty hard for everybody. Your mom and dad have basically been focusing on your family business and after the merger things have been pretty hectic but generally Xander is the CEO and your brother has never come home and he's been avoiding your parents because he blames them as well as himself for not seeing the signs earlier and saved you from the marriage and he got married to his girlfriend and she's expectant three months give or take. Nicole misses you so much and she keeps talking about you and guess what she holds a monthsary celebration in honor of the date you guys met and she and Marvel are now engaged although they won't marry any time soon since their careers are taking a lot of time as of now and I even brought pictures and videos for you since I knew you wouldn't want to miss it. By the way my mom sends her regards and she says she'll call you it's only that she's been so busy with projects and dad also says he misses you. Generally everything is moving slow but everybody is coping in their own way," he said and then took a sip of his whiskey and it saddens me that my brother grew distant and my parents are hurting as well but I can't go back at least not now because my wounds are still fresh but there is still one person he doesn't want to tell me about but even though he hurt me I still care about him.

" I know you are avoiding the one topic that is sore to me but I still want to know, I promise I will be fine, ok?" I encouraged him and after giving me a long meaningful look he nodded and put his drink down and faced me. " Xander hasn't been the same ever since he found out you 'committed suicide' and things changed completely and honestly Kimberly of all your family members he's the one who's broken up badly about your absence. The week after your wake and burial with the fake body, he signed the merger with your parents and then he disappeared to nobody knows where but I had him looked for and found out he spent a whole week in your gallery and his family and yours were so sorry about him. He spent the whole time there drowning himself with liquor then after I don't know what happened because he suddenly left the gallery went to your house and confessed everything. Naturally your dad bit the shit out of him but he didn't lift a fucking finger to defend himself and even spent a couple weeks in the hospital. When he finally got back home he took all you photos from all social medias and even your wedding photos and even ask me for all I had of you and he had them made into portraits and he hung them all over your marital house. You should see your old room, he turned it into a shrine and nobody is allowed in there. He cleans it himself and each items of yours is locked away there. He ordered for all curtains to be drawn and nobody should ever draw them," he paused before chugging his drink down in one gulp and although I wanted to cry at what he has gone through I had to keep myself neutral since if I even drop a single tear, Xav will stop telling me anything. He poured himself another drink and added some more juice for me.

" He's been going to work in the wee hours of the morning, he's cold and is always in a bad mood and snaps at anyone or anything. He refuses to go see his parents and even declines invites to all social gatherings and business galas. Since you asked that he accepts Vanessa as his partner, she was given a guest room and he provides for her but he doesn't want anything to do with her but since she's a bitch, she spends her time shopping and whoring around but he doesn't care. Her face is forbidden in his presence. He comes home late from work and takes a bottle of whiskey and heads to your old room and he locks himself up there and doesn't come out till it's time to leave for the office. The other day he was drunk and drove to my house and when I opened the door he was in fucking tears.