CHAPTER 29: PAST DEMONS

XANDER'S POV

I don't know what happened ever since I saw that Bella black lady in the fashion show because I have been obsessively thinking of my dead wife Kim. I know she's nothing like her but I just get some weird feeling whenever she's around. Like when I saw her on that runway, I just couldn't take my eyes off her and she just attracted me towards her in  a way nobody else except Kimberly could. She is just so intriguing, mysterious, beautiful and the fact that she raises her daughter alone and on top of that manages a billion dollar empire is just so amazing. At first, the guys were convinced she's a fraud and she's not who she says she is and they were even convinced that it could be my Kimberly but I didn't wanna raise my hopes up and especially since she has a baby and has been rumored to be dating a Mafia Lord in Europe and am sure my Kiki would never hurt anyone this way so I shut down their investigation.

Today of all days I missed her so much and I couldn't even concentrate at work and it was driving me nuts. I kept remembering all my moments with my sweet wife before she left and I felt such a huge amount of pain because even though five years have passed all this still feels like it was just yesterday. At first Kim's parents were disappointed with me for cheating and hurting her when I was supposed to make a mence for my past evils towards her but they later forgave me and we merged the companies as per her request and  now we are very successful but I remain at the head and my parents and hers consult from time to time. They have tried to get me out there again and find love but she will always hold and have my entire heart even if she is no longer around. At least I thought so because since I saw Miss Black walking, I haven't been able to get her out of my mind and am just so drawn to her and It's eating at me since I feel like am cheating on Kim once again and hence my dilemma right now.

As soon as I could I threw Vanessa out and bought her an apartment but didn't tell her it was under Kimberly's name  and deposited a large sum in her account as per Kiki's request and now I live alone spare the servants who come to make sure everything is neat and proper. I pack up my things and head out of the office but not before asking my PA to clear my schedule and head home. I just have to be somewhere we were together and hopefully she'll give me a sign of what I should do because am clueless. I get home and head straight to my bedroom for a quick shower and after changing to Sweatpants and a hoodie I headed to the master bedroom which used to be ours. I converted it into a shrine for her because to me she's a goddess and the queen of my heart and I wish I worshipped her when she was alive but what happened was an eye opener for me. As I sat on our bed I could just picture the way she used to sit on her vanity and do her makeup or go into the closet to get my clothes ready and all that I threw out of the window for a quick fuck and ego maintenance.

I got up and went to the closet and picked one of her hoodies and smelled it because her scent always did wonders and calmed me whenever I was having a tough day. As I sat there relishing on the scent, from the corner of my eye I saw movement in the neighboring property and since I heard it was sold I didn't care and it seems the owners are around finally but for some reason something was pulling me to the window and I got up and went over there and that's when I saw her. She looked better than I remember and I just feel oddly satisfied seeing her. She was taking off her clothes seems she was headed for a shower but for some reason even though this highly inappropriate I couldn't take my eyes of her. It wasn't right but it still felt right and for some unexplainable reason I felt as if I was looking at my wife again and even my limbs refused to cooperate and soon she closed her curtains and I finally could move. 

"Kiki, if this is your sign for me, I think am in deep shit. I don't know how to get you out of my head but you now gift wrap her and send her next door.  I don't know if at this point am just desperate to move on from you because I need to accept you are gone. She may be the one but I just don't feel like am doing you justice by wanting to have another relationship and be a better partner.  Well I don't understand anything that has been happening of late but I hope to get some clarity soon," It just hurts that I never actually got to say sorry to her for all the damages I caused. Hopefully wherever she is, she may forgive me and guide me because honestly without her am so lost. I went and sat down on the bed as I kept relishing in the scent of my beloved and in no time I was asleep. The next day I was awaken by honking  and it prompted me to go out of the room and onto my balcony to check who was making such a ruckus early in the morning and that's when I say Xavier in Miss Black's property but what caught my eyes was the little girl in the driver's seat honking and occasionally shouting at her mom to hurry up since they were heading to the beach which I noticed when I took a good look at their outfits.