29.0

Title: “The One Where Things Are About To Go Down.”

Scene 35: Interior / The Tomlinson’s Kitchen / Day

Louis enters the kitchen, singing enthusiastically while JOHANNAH (41), his mother, is making some pancakes.

JOHANNAH: “Someone’s in a very good mood, I see.”

LOUIS: (gives her a kiss on the cheek) “Good morning, mom.”

JOHANNAH: “What’s keeping you so happy?”

LOUIS: “Niall’s coming to Cali.”

JOHANNAH: “That’s great news.”

LOUIS: “Yeah. I’m happy about it. If everything goes as planned, I’ll convince him to join me on the trip.”

JOHANNAH: (sighs) “I was excited about having you at home for the summer.”

LOUIS: “We already talked about this.” (opens the fridge to grab an apple) “Where’s the fruit?”

JOHANNAH: “We ran out. I’ll go to the grocery store this afternoon unless… You want to do it for me.” (smiles widely, expecting him to say yes)

LOUIS: “Ugh.” (shrugs) “Okay, whatever. Make me a list and I’ll go.”

JOHANNAH: “Yay!” (laughs, handles him a pancake) “Here, the first one is for you.”

LOUIS: “No! I don’t want it. Thanks anyways.”

JOHANNAH: “You were going to grab a fruit. That means you are hungry.”

LOUIS: “I am hungry but I want fiber.” (laughing) “Good quality carbs.” (points at the pancake) “This is not what I’m hungry for.”

JOHANNAH: “Am I going to have to give you the talk again?”

LOUIS: “No, mom, please, I’m begging. Do not give me the talk again.”

JOHANNAH: “Niall warned me about this. You are not feeding yourself right.”

LOUIS: “If eating pancakes is your idea of eating properly, you should be the one getting the talk and not me. And Niall will die for talking to you about my eating habits.”

JOHANNAH: “You are going to get your blood tested this week, just so you know.”

LOUIS: “Good.” (spots an orange behind the blender) “An orange! Yes! Can I have it?”

JOHANNAH: “Sure.” (puts the plate of pancakes right in front of Louis while pouring syrup on top of them)

LOUIS: “This is mean and I won’t fall for it.”

JOHANNAH: (teasing) “A girl came by this morning.”

LOUIS: “What? Who?”

JOHANNAH: “She didn’t give me her name. She acted like she knew me so I just went along with her. Asking for a name would have been rude.”

LOUIS: (frowning) “Was it Emma?”

JOHANNAH: “Emma? No. It was definitely not Emma.” (stays quiet) “Um, Emma is the…” (stops talking)