17.0

Title: “The One Where Cara Does Her Thing.”

Scene 22: Exterior / Spencer’s Backyard / Night

As Louis and Taylor walk inside the party, holding each other’s hands, they earn the looks of almost everyone inside, including Harry and Cara.

HARRY: (completely in shock) “What the hell is this?”

CARA: “I have no idea.” (they stare at Louis and Taylor without even trying to hide it) “Is it just me or they are walking in slow motion?”

HARRY: “That’s Taylor’s favorite effect for an entrance. I am so disgusted right now. I can’t even believe this is actually happening.”

CARA: “There has to be an explanation. Let’s not overreact yet.”

HARRY: “She is such a bitch.”

CARA: “She has no idea you know him.”

HARRY: “Are you defending her?”

CARA: “I’m just being rational.”

HARRY: (lowers his voice) “Look at him.”

CARA: “I know… he looks like a… rockstar or something. I was so wrong about him.”

HARRY: “I have no interest in living in a world where Kevin and Taylor are dating.”

CARA: “Drop it, we know nothing yet.”

HARRY: “I’d rather not know. It will hurt too much. I’m leaving.”

CARA: (grabs his arm to stop him) “You stay right here… And act cool.”

TAYLOR: (approaching them without letting Louis’ hand go) “There you are. The two of you… Oh my God, you look absolutely stunning.”

HARRY: (mumbles really low into Cara’s ear) “Fake whore.”

TAYLOR: “Okay, you guys, this is Kevin.” (turns to Louis) “These two over here are my best friends. What am I saying best friends? They are like my own blood.”

CARA: “True.” (sighs) “Hi, Kevin.”

LOUIS: (awkward) “Hi, Ca… Um…”

TAYLOR: “Oh, right… It’s Cara.” (turns to her) “Honey, you look absolutely awesome. I mean, that dress and the mask… I have literally no words.”

HARRY: (mumbles really low again) “Don’t talk then, witch.”

CARA: (gives Harry a warning look and turns to Taylor) “Shut up, you look way better.”

TAYLOR: “Stop it, you are making me blush. You know how much I hate to get complimented.” (Harry and Cara frown, obviously aware of her lie) “So…” (she stares at Cara from her feet to her face and tries to hide the fact that she is judging her. She turns to Louis again) “And this handsome guy over here is Harry.”

LOUIS: “I actually know-”

HARRY: (at the same time) “We actually know-”

TAYLOR: (confused, looking at Louis and then at Harry, like asking for an explanation) “Excuse me, what?”

LOUIS: (uncomfortable) “Nothing, it’s just that-”