4.0

Title: “The One With The Jagger Shot.”

Scene 5: Interior / Yale Dorms / Night

Louis enters the room with a bag of microwave popcorn on his hands. He seems very excited about the movie night plans but Niall is already asleep and snoring on the couch.

LOUIS: “So I had to go down to the third floor to get the last bag. We are on a lucky roll, mate!” (realizes that Niall is already sleeping) “Oh come on! I was gone by literally five minutes, Niall. How is this possible?” (gets closer and gently rocks him) “Niall, Niall, Niall.” (Niall doesn’t seem to care) “Are you shitting me? Come the fuck on, Niall!” (starts rocking him roughly)

NIALL: (groans) “Let me sleep!”

LOUIS: “It’s too early! You had a nap! Wake up!”

NIALL: “I’m tired!”

LOUIS: “I can’t believe you.” (Louis gets very frustrated, he drops himself to lie on the bed and looks around for a while. He suddenly sits on the bed, seems like an idea came to his mind. He checks the time on the clock, takes a deep breath and gets up) “Fuck it!” (he goes to the bathroom to check himself on the mirror, then goes back to the room to grab his keys and his pack of cigarettes) “Niall?” (he gets closer to check on his sleeping friend) “Your letter from Cambridge arrived.” (Niall doesn’t wake up) “Whatever!” (he turns the lights on and leaves the room)

Scene 6: Exterior / Outside of the Yale Campus / Night

Louis checks if nobody is around and lights up a cigarette. He walks very carefully because he doesn’t want to get caught. He spots one of his classmates and tries to hide but it’s too late.

CLASSMATE: “Tomlinson!” (Louis pretends he doesn’t hear) “Hey! Tomlinson!”

LOUIS: (gives up and turns around, bothered) “Hey.”

CLASSMATE: “What up? What are you doing here?”

LOUIS: “Not much, just got out to grab a smoke. What about you?”

CLASSMATE: “I went out for dinner.”

LOUIS: (suspicious) “Kind of late for dinner, isn’t it?”

CLASSMATE: “Kind of far for just a smoke, isn’t it?” (they both stay in silence, trying to analyze each other’s expressions) “I don’t tell if you don’t tell, deal?”

LOUIS: (more relaxed) “Deal.” (turns around to walk away as fast as he can)

CLASSMATE: “Hey!”

LOUIS: (annoyed) “What is it?”

CLASSMATE: “Can I have one cigarrete?”

LOUIS: “Sure.”

CLASSMATE: “And your lighter, please.”

LOUIS: “There you go.” (seems to be in a rush but doesn’t want the other to notice)

CLASSMATE: (curious, enjoying the cigarette) “Where you heading this late?”

LOUIS: (sassy) “Where you coming from this late?”